Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Max. Image-Width/-height/-size in Configuration-Attachments IGNORED!

More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by kunenatestit
Hi,

uploading an image in Kunena 5.0.14 with i. e. 1600x1863 Px results in a smaller sized image i.e. 927x1080 Px that shows up in a Lightbox, although I defined following values in the Configuration-Attachments-Section of Kunena:

Max. size of images (in Kilobytes) kB: 2000
Max. image width px: 1600
Max. image height px: 1600

I understand that an image may be resized for the posting in order to keep the layout/design of kunena forum.

But clicking on that image should open it in a lightbox with its original size!

Is there anything I make wrong?

Thanks and best regards
Kunenatestit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by kunenatestit
Meanwhile I checked the uploaded files in /media/kunena/attachments/XY and compared them with the original ones!

An image with 1200x1600Px/766 KB becomes one with 810x1080Px/331KB
and
another image 1600x1863Px/1,63MB becomes one with 927x1080Px/195KB

after uploading them with the attachment-Button in Kunena although having defined following values in the Configuration-Attachments-Section of Kunena:

Max. size of images (in Kilobytes) kB: 2000
Max. image width px: 1600
Max. image height px: 1600

At the moment the only workaround seems to be to overwrite those uploaded images in /media/kunena/attachments/XY with the original sized images.

But the normal registred users of course cannot do that and it would not be reasonable for them!

Is this a BUG or why doesn´t the image-uploade feature work correctly by manipulating the images (shrinking them) against the defined image size/height/width-values?

Thanks and best regards
kunenatestit

More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by rich
Kunena 5.0.14 is not suported anymore.
It's not a bug. The lightbox opens only the size within the browser window. There are users which allow images with size more than 6000px. If you want to see the original size then open the image with right mouse click and own browser window.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #4 by kunenatestit
The version number of Kunena does not matter because the BUG exists in the latest version too!

It IS a BUG because the IMAGE sizes are not manipulated in realtime dependent on any browser window sites but changed/manipulated during the UPLOAD process without considering the values for Image-Height, -Size and -Width in the attachment-configuration-section of Kunena. So the wrong size/width/height-problems derive from the fact that Kunena manipulates the files during the upload process without considering the set values in thhe attachment configuration section.

By the way: I have a 4K-Screen on which surely a lightbox window with 1600Px width can show up including a 1600Px-Image without any problems.

Best regards
kunenatestit
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by kunenatestit.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds