Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to get the forum name back in subscription mail subjects?

More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by opentools
Until recently I was on Kunena 3, and there every subscription mail subject had the [Open Tools Support] prefix, so one could immediately recognize this as a forum request.
Now, after I updated to K5, the mail subject no longer includes the name of the forum (tried it with the default crypsis and the blue eagle 5 templates).

How can I get back the forum name in the mail subject.

Example: A user creates a new topic called "Does not work".
  • OLD email subject: [Open Tools Support] Does not work
  • NEW email subject: Does not work
  • DESIRED: old email subject ([Open Tools Support] Does not work)

Thank you,
Reinhold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
Forum name is added on the mail sender not on subject.
Else you need to create a override.

More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by opentools
Thanks for the reply. I understand that this is how things are currently configured.
You mention that I need to create an override if I want to change the mail subject to the form the old Kunena 3.x used (i.e. prepend the forum name in square brackets). I tried to find which file I could override, but didn't find the spot where the email subject could be changed (the contents are easily done in templates/[template]/html/com_kunena/email/subscription/default.php, but I couldn't figure out how to change the mail subject there).

Thanks,
Reinhold

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds