Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Optimizing Kunena database tables

More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by Slacker
I have discovered that, when I try to optimize Kunena database tables with phpMyAdmin it is not possible and I get the advice to create a new table from the old one and then check it with analyze in phpMyAdmin. The reason I want to do this is that I have deleted about 30 % of mine forumposts.

I found this page with suggestions on how to do it:
www.geeksengine.com/database/manage-table/create-table-as.php

create table products_bk
as
select * from products
(naturally the table names are different than above for kunena)

This diminish my kunena_messages table with at least 50 % in size.
I guess after creating a new table I have to change name of both the old and new table.

I have looked for advice about this, but not found any, so I am grateful for input here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
You don't need to optimize the database. If you delete forum posts, it removes also the related rows in the database. But you must delete the messages permanently.

More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by wolfsauge
Why have a gotten a dozen notifications? This is not even my post!

More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by rich
I'm sorry, it was a error at the mail delivery for subscribers. Therefore you also got the mails.

More
5 years 8 months ago #5 by Slacker
I tried to optimize the kunena_messages table and it shrinked from 120 MB to 50 MB, but it did not work because when I posted I got: Kunena Internal Error: Please contact site administrator to fix this issue! so I had to revert to the original table. Don't try that.

More
5 years 8 months ago #6 by Slacker
I have digged deeper in this. kunena_messages table have an index with 12 keys and when I created the table it lacked index and thus got smaller but unfunctional. So it is no idea to create table because you have to create index, which will take a lot of space and you will gain almost nothing. kunena_messages_text dont have a big index, so it does not shrink in size.

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds