Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Remove information from user's profile (country, sex etc)

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #1 by kunenauser40
Hi,
I read that the new GDPR would treat as "sensitive data" the sex of a person (and I'm not sure about the country), and in the forum all the threads and posts under the avatars of the users are displaying the sex of the users and I would like to ask how to remove it and if possible completely delete it from the options of the user so users to cannot enter the "sex".

Is there an option somewhere to remove it in the configuration? If not, is there a permanent way to do this one time and over? (I mean don't change a php file and in the next kunena update this php file to be overwritten and to must do it in every update). But if there is no
other way, then I'm OK to edit a php file after every update of kunena....

Also I suggest to kunena developers if they can to add this feature in a next version so the administrator can select in configuration what fields the users can write / display in their profile.

Thanks!
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by kunenauser40.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by kunenauser40

More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by rich
All this information is voluntary and the users can all time remove this infos in their profle.
A Admin can edit the user profiles in the back- and frontend, and a global Moderator can do it in the frontend.
You find this informations also in the database table *_kunena_users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenauser40

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds