Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Image Embed

More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by kevinmo
Image Embed was created by kevinmo
Trying to get my forum setup and I am disappointed that I am not able to have any control at all over the editor. Not only can I not use the best editor known to Joomla (JCE) I see no way to remove the ridiculous tools for like ebay, twitter, soundcloud and a few others that have no business being part of a private forum. Whos bright idea was it to dictate what editor must be used and is there any possible way to get rid of it and replace it with a robust editor that I have control over?

While I find the editor to be a joke the idea that I cannot embed images into a post unless it is already uploaded on the site or comes from some other location is troubling. Not only that the editor only allows for one image to be added at a time. There has to be a third party that sees the multitude of issues with this embed editor, is there a way to get JCE to work with the forum or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Image Embed
There is no option to use the JCE editor, because its not rendering the bbcode. All editor options are on the Kunena template settings, there you can select the bbcode editor or the WYCSIWYG edior.

More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by kevinmo
Replied by kevinmo on topic Image Embed
Thanks for that info, I had no idea the template controlled this but it does help. So if we can convince JCE to setup rendering the bbcode would there then be an option to include it in Kunena?

More
5 years 10 months ago #4 by kevinmo
Replied by kevinmo on topic Image Embed
Ryan gave me a a plugin that supports bbcode for JCE. Honestly I dont need support for bbcode and I think the idea that it is a must to be an editor in this forum extension is overzealous and bossy! The only editor available for Kunena is limited, underwhelming and basically useless for use on forums like I build. So I dont suppose since JCE in fact DOES support bbcode it is still not going to be made an option is it?

Thing is your editor sucks, sorry for being blunt but the image attachment is weak, I cant import images because it dont work and likewise support in the forum must be broke to because I cant get anyone to help me figure out why! Guess I will see what other forums are available, sucks because I like Kunena, or rather I used to!

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds