Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Email Notifications Issue

More
6 years 1 week ago #1 by Eddie.
On a certain Kunena forum I cannot receive any of the emails from my subscriptions. I used to receive all the emails and all of a sudden they stopped coming through. I have tried many things to fix this such as making list of different emails addresses and linking them to my account, still no emails to the different addresses. I made a second forum account and linked my email to that and yet again no emails to it. I cannot work out how to fix this, if anyone has any ideas it would be massively appreciated

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #2 by xreliable
Replied by xreliable on topic Email Notifications Issue

Eddie. wrote: On a certain Kunena forum I cannot receive any of the emails from my subscriptions. I used to receive all the emails and all of a sudden they stopped coming through. I have tried many things to fix this such as making list of different emails addresses and linking them to my account, still no emails to the different addresses. I made a second forum account and linked my email to that and yet again no emails to it. I cannot work out how to fix this, if anyone has any ideas it would be massively appreciated

Thank you

The obvious one is check your spam/junk folder. Might be there.

Another possible issue is if the domain and/or IP address has ended up on blacklists as a spammer or not secured from exploits. There are several online resources to check such as Spamcop. If you've recently moved your server(s) to a new datacenter it could be the IP address. I had a network assign me an IP address a few years back that was blacklisted.

More
6 years 1 week ago #3 by Bigbunny
Replied by Bigbunny on topic Email Notifications Issue
There are many reasons why emails stop working from Joomla itself to your host, etc. We could not get posting notifications to send out over two different hosting companies. Anyway we eventually moved to Rochen and it worked. Unfortunately it had backlogged and people were getting notifications going back years so we had to apologise. We also had certain emails not sending or being rejected. I have a full IT back ground with servers, networks, etc rather than just web development so was able to investigate.

Many hosters actually don't handle the email themselves other than storing the sent and received emails. What I found is that some of the routes the outsourcer used had been blacklisted so anything taken those routes would never get through. Certain accounts we had issues with and these were those that were handled by one of Liberty Global companies on behalf of other members of the group. (Those include the likes of Virgin Media, here in the UK but seeing the number of companies owned by Liberty Global it may be anybody.) Once again I discovered that certain routes were blacklisted and that certain email addresses tended to take those routes. Note that just because you are located in the same country does not mean that the mail is routed within that country or an external backup route is not being used. So though you are not being blacklisted the route, or handler, maybe.

To check several blacklists for a domain's email you can use the free tool at mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx . There are other free and paid ones so by using a few you get a better chance of finding out if you have an issue. I use the free ones as I undertake the website work for voluntary clubs on a voluntary basis so there is no money to pay for the service, but if otherwise I would use paid services. I do the same or similar organisations tools to automatically check that the sites are up and not down.

More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by Bigbunny
Replied by Bigbunny on topic Email Notifications Issue
It may be Kunena, it could be Joomla, it could be your host, or even your SMTP relay. I don't want to go into everything now but I would check with your host and mail server operator if different what they are seeing in their logs. If the mail is reaching them but being dropped then you know that it definitely is not Kunena or Joomla. (And just because they were receiving and mail was leaving them doesn't mean that currently applies.) if they are receiving then it's a starting point. If it's not being received but being sent it could still be a host issue, a Joomla or a kunena issue.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds