Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Restore a deleted user

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #1 by maxstorch
By mistake, I deleted a user from Joomla. After this the user has registered in Joomla once more, but all his previous messages in Kunena forum are shown now without avatar and profile. Is it possible to connect the new user to the old one? If this is impossible, can I restore the old user and his profile?

Thanks in advance to your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Restore a deleted user
If you delete a user then the user is gone. Joomla has no option to restore deleted users. You can restore the user if you have a database backup, otherwise it looks no good.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #3 by maxstorch
Replied by maxstorch on topic Restore a deleted user
It seems I have a database backup. Can you give me a hint how to export the deleted user to the current database?

And is it possible for the site administrator to edit avatar of another user?

Thank you for help, I am just a beginner in Joomla. I am ready to donate to Kunena development.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #4 by rich
If you delete a user, he will removed from the Joomla tables *__users and *__user_usergroup_map
Have you experience with phpMyAdmin?

1.) Open the __user table with phpMyAdmin and add a new user
Add all relevant informations from the deleted user in the fields (such as ID, register date and so on..). You find this informations in your backup file if you to open this with a text editor such as notepad plus.

2.) Add this user ID to the table *__user_usergroup_map

3.) Go in backend to Kunena -> Tools and to synchronize the users and recount all statistics (that's all, the user should be back again).

Important! Create a new databse backup previously! For interventions in the database, I take no guarantee! If a mistake happens it can to destroy the entire page!

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #5 by lemur
Replied by lemur on topic Restore a deleted user
Hi,
I have a similar story. One administrator has deleted the user from Joomla.
I created a new user with the same name and username again and restored his previous ID in the database in the #__users and #__user_usergroup_map tables.
All posts of this user are saved in the database, since the forum was not cleaned with Kunena tool afterwards.

The "name" and "userid" fields in the _kunena_messages table contain the correct (old) name and id.
But KunenŠ° considers this user as new (synchronization did not help) and does not connect this user with the posts written by him.
Question.
Is it possible to attribute to the user his posts (several hundred) using the manipulations in the tables of kunena?

Thanks

P.S. in _kunena_topics table "userid" (f.e., first_post_userid) and "name" (first_post_guest_name) are also correct.

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:
Many thanks to Rich and the other advisors.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by lemur.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6 by rich
Have you created this user via database or via Joomla backend?
I've tested it.
1. Created this user with same name and user name in the Joomla backend (it will create all user relevant entries).
2. Note down the user ID from the Joomla user manager
3. Adjusted the ID in the tables *__users and *__user_usergroup_map (group ID 2)
All is corrct again, so i think, you should check it again.

More
5 years 4 months ago #7 by Slacker
Replied by Slacker on topic Restore a deleted user
I tried your procedure on my local server of my site and it worked perfectly.

More
5 years 4 months ago #8 by lemur
Replied by lemur on topic Restore a deleted user
Thank you for the answer.

I've as you suggested

1. Created this user with same name and user name in the Joomla backend (ONLY E-Mail is another, becouse of i cannnot use the old email).
2. Note down the NEW user ID from the Joomla user manager
3. Changed the NEW ID in the tables *__users and *__user_usergroup_map (group ID 2) to old ID.

It's OK now. ))

Thanks

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:
Many thanks to Rich and the other advisors.

Time to create page: 0.824 seconds