K5.1.1 is released (10 Jun 2018)

The Kunena team is pleased to announce Kunena 5.1.1 [K 5.1.1].
Please read the blog post for information:

× Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Restore a deleted user

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1 by maxstorch
By mistake, I deleted a user from Joomla. After this the user has registered in Joomla once more, but all his previous messages in Kunena forum are shown now without avatar and profile. Is it possible to connect the new user to the old one? If this is impossible, can I restore the old user and his profile?

Thanks in advance to your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Restore a deleted user
If you delete a user then the user is gone. Joomla has no option to restore deleted users. You can restore the user if you have a database backup, otherwise it looks no good.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #3 by maxstorch
Replied by maxstorch on topic Restore a deleted user
It seems I have a database backup. Can you give me a hint how to export the deleted user to the current database?

And is it possible for the site administrator to edit avatar of another user?

Thank you for help, I am just a beginner in Joomla. I am ready to donate to Kunena development.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Restore a deleted user
If you delete a user, he will removed from the Joomla tables *__users and *__user_usergroup_map
Have you experience with phpMyAdmin?

1.) Open the __user table with phpMyAdmin and add a new user
Add all relevant informations from the deleted user in the fields (such as ID, register date and so on..). You find this informations in your backup file if you to open this with a text editor such as notepad plus.

2.) Add this user ID to the table *__user_usergroup_map

3.) Go in backend to Kunena -> Tools and to synchronize the users and recount all statistics (that's all, the user should be back again).

Important! Create a new databse backup previously! For interventions in the database, I take no guarantee! If a mistake happens it can to destroy the entire page!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds