Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena - Saving profile clears all Joomla user custom fields

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #11 by Goldie
Hi ruud,

patch is applied and works. no more overwrite of custom fields. Thank you for your support.

However stilll no way found to set a user custom field from PHP (Kunena) . Any help on that would be highly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #12 by ruud
Hi, in the Kunena user edit form an event is triggered: onKunenaTabsEdit
so the best way to achieve the Custom User fields on the Kunena User edit page is via a (self created) Kunena plugin that catches the onKunenaTabsEdit event and returns the custom fields to display on the edit form.
Doing it this way you are also sure that it will also survive a Kunena upgrade :)

sharing = caring

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #13 by ruud
or, you do the required changes in existing plg_kunena_joomla and do a PR for them to the Kunena team. That way it will be part (when accepted) of the Kunena release. A win for everybody :)

sharing = caring

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #14 by Goldie
Hi ruud,

I can already display and edit user custom fields. I did it via a custom tab in components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/user/edit of crypsis template. But I have only done radio buttons and checkboxes.

I read those fields via FieldsHelper::getFields('com_users.user', JFactory::getUser(), true); and then loop through the fields and build a form with input fields. As I only have custom fields of type radio and checboxes, that is what I did.

What I did not find is a way to set the fields after submit of the form. I saw controllers/user.php . But how do I technically set a custom field in Joomla profile?

And then I have to read how to do PR. But I would luckily contribute.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds