Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Customization

More
6 years 2 days ago #1 by jhoefs
Customization was created by jhoefs
Hello, noone has been able to answer this yet, so if you can help me with it, I will be super stoked. B)

Running Kunena on a Helix3 framework. I want to customize the forum 'start' page (the place the user is taken when they first enter the forum section) so that it displays:

1. List of topics in category named "Blue"
2. list of sub-categories in section "White"

It's very important I find a way to do this, either through template overrides, custom module placement, or some other means, for the flow of the site. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by jhoefs
Replied by jhoefs on topic Customization
Forgot this:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix3 | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 2.5.1 | creationdate: Jan 2016

Kunena default template details : Clean | author: Kunena Team | version: @kunenaversion@ | creationdate: @kunenaversiondate@

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.13 | 2017-12-31 [ Meerkat ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.1.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.0.3 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.0.3

Modules: Kunena Login 5.0.3 | Kunena Search 5.0.3

More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Customization
You can select the categories on the kunena config. -> frontend -> Category List in Recent Topics

More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by jhoefs
Replied by jhoefs on topic Customization
Does anyone have an answer to this?

Is there any way to assign different templates to different category streams in Kunena? If not, why not? This feature would solve many different problems in Kunena in terms of customization, and I strongly advocate it in future versions.

More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Customization
I'm sorry, but different templates for individual categories are not possible. You can use only different colors for chosen categories.
docs.kunena.org/en/manual/backend/catego.../coloured-categories

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds