Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Hacked forum posts

More
6 years 1 month ago #1 by andrewn51
Hacked forum posts was created by andrewn51
A while ago I subscribed to the forum. Now I am receiving many notices of new posts about nutritional supplements.

www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...les-authentic#198642

How do I unsubscribe so that I do not receive this junk in the future??

Thanks.
Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Hacked forum posts
There are no hacked posts. The problem: If a user posts a spam message and you have subscribed this topic (or category), you get the mail.
You can unsubscribe topics or categories in your profile.

More
6 years 1 month ago #3 by andrewn51
Replied by andrewn51 on topic Hacked forum posts
I have unsubscribed from all categories and all threads and still I receive notification of posts via email. My profile shows that I have no subscriptions...why is this?
Thanks,
Andrew

More
6 years 1 month ago #4 by rich
You are admin or moderator on your forum? Check the mail setting for admins and moderators in the configuration (tab security).

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #5 by andrewn51
Replied by andrewn51 on topic Hacked forum posts
The problem is not with my forum, it's with the main Kunena Forum that you administer. I am unsubscribed to everything except my own post thread (i.e. this one) and yet I am receiving multiple emails each day with these spam posts about dietary supplements. How do I stop them.

In other words, why am I notified of new posts on YOUR forum when I am not subscribed to anything???

Thanks,
Andrew

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #6 by rich
We have checked it, you have only subscribed this single topic. Please send this spam mail to jelle@*kunena.org (address without star), he wants to check it.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #7 by rich
Supplement:
It seems, you have a second account as user andrewn1951. With this account you've subscribed the category: General questions and how-tos (Alias: general-questions-and-how-tos).
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by rich.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #8 by Bigbunny
Replied by Bigbunny on topic Hacked forum posts
These have been going on for some months though only between 4 and 10 per day. I would imagine that somebody has automatic login enabled which allows the postings. I have been though these types of situations else where. Sometimes they come from throwaway email IP ranges so you block those. I also used the web spam systems that is also included in Kunena and other extensions that works like a look up. But I would imagine with this small amount it is coming from one subscribers account and if that account is tracked you can have a word with them as it is likely that their system is compromised. I have even threatened to block people if they do not sort out their issue. I used to work in a secondary school responsible for the running of the whole network, computers, servers, software and security of the system. That was a nightmare with access from almost a thousand students plus staff all having access and all using portable drives and flash drives. However sometimes you just have to accept that you cannot stop them all. What surprises me is the number of so called IT, Internet and website creators that don't take real precautions to prevent their systems being compromised.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #9 by rich
If you use Kunena, you do not need to allow subscriptions. Then no mails will be sent to users. But the problem of the topic starter is another.
Nothing has been hacked here. The user receives only the mails of categories, which he has subscribed to. He can unsubscribe this categories at any time.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds