Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question No new topics

More
6 years 1 month ago #1 by jhoefs
No new topics was created by jhoefs
Hello - I am trying to disable new topics for one section of my forum. I researched your Kunena help forums and found posts related to this from many years ago, but 5.0 does not include the same implementation, so if there is a way to do it, it is through another avenue.

To clarify, I have two sections (we'll call them sections A and B). Section B is a traditional forum, so there is no problem there.

Section A I would like to create a number of new topics, designed to generate a certain dialogue, and then have users add to those conversations without 'start new topic' being available. Ideally I would have:

[text description]

[thread]

on these pages, rather than beginning the thread with a post. In other words, a traditional HTML section above the conversation that describes the framing of the conversation I am creating, and then the conversation.

Thank you.

Jonathan

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix3 | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 2.5.1 | creationdate: Jan 2016

Kunena default template details : JoomSpirit | author: JoomSpirit | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2017-08

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.13 | 2017-12-31 [ Meerkat ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.1.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.0.3

Modules: Kunena Login 5.0.3 | Kunena Search 5.0.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic No new topics
if you want to disable new topic for the category, you need to change the permission of that category to a higher level then the default user, like administrator, then only administrator can start a new topic, also check reply permission.

More
6 years 1 month ago #3 by jhoefs
Replied by jhoefs on topic No new topics
Thank you. Did anyone have an answer to my other Q? I mentioned in my other post I wanted to format some pages with:

[text description at top of page, probably several paragraphs long]

[the place for replies specifically to the above]

on these pages, rather than beginning the thread with a post. In other words, a traditional HTML section above the conversation that describes the framing of the conversation I am creating, and then the conversation. I could use Jcomments for this, but it really is more of a dialogue instigated by the text framing, and not a commenting upon the framing; in addition I would like it to be integrated stylistically with relation to the traditional forum pages.

Also, I defined the Joomla template which the Kunena Forum page linked to in the main menu uses (darker image). It looks good; however, as soon as I proceed to one of the posts or topics, it uses the default template (lighter image) instead. How can I tell Kunena to use the first template for all Kunena pages? I am using three custom templates in total for my webpage.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds