Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Suggestion concerning Hide Replies For Guests and its handling

More
6 years 2 months ago #1 by Cyrusxxxx
Hello to all!

Here is my suggestion:
If Hide Replies For Guests is set to YES in kunena configuration and user clicks on link in email and in that moment he is not logged in he will receive 404 error page.

It would be better that when user clicks on link to the topic in email he see for example "login to see this message or similar".
Because that topic exist and in general 404 is wrong presentation in this case.

Today for example one of my user asked me why he see 404 when clicking on link to the topic post and thought that it was deleted.

If I have miss-configured something to get that result I apologize. :)

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2 by rich

If Hide Replies For Guests is set to YES in kunena configuration and user clicks on link in email and in that moment he is not logged in he will receive 404 error page.

When is set "Hide Replies for Guests", it should not be a problem. The user has still access to the topic, only he can't read it.
Or is there are categories with access for specific user groups only, where logged out users have no access?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrusxxxx

More
6 years 2 months ago #3 by Cyrusxxxx
I agree, after little experimenting from some reason only one url leading to one topic gives 404, but access levels and permissions are set properly. I will investigate further and let you know rich.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds