Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Cannot have categories with the same alias - My suggestions

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #1 by shoulders
Currently using Kunena v5.0.13 and Joomla v3.8.3

I want to have the following layout for my categories

Main Projects / QWcrm / General
Main Projects / QWcrm / Installation
Main Projects / QWcrm / Upgrading

Joomla / QWGrabMeta / General
Joomla / QWGrabMeta / Installation
Joomla / QWGrabMeta / Upgrading

Now if we just look at the first category.

I can create the section 'Main Projects' and this has its own alias of 'main-projects',the category 'QWcrm' with the alias 'qwcrm' and the sub-category 'General' with the alias 'general'

I can now create the section 'Joomla' with the alias 'joomla' and the category 'QWGrabMeta' with the alias 'qwgrabmeta'.

However I cannot create the sub-category 'General' when I leave the alias blank. This is cause by kunena filling in the alias with its translation of the category title, this is normal behaviour. This causes the following issues.
  1. you cannot save a category with the same alias as another. This is probably normal until proper category SEF nesting ie /cat1/cat2/post.html
  2. I need to maintain a mental list of all alials I have already used
  3. when you save a category with an already used alias then all of the details you have entered are lost
  4. this is a messy way of creating a category
What can be done? - Suggestions
  1. when you save a category without an alias I would like kunena to fill in the alias as normal but prepend the itemID ie.e 113-mycategory to the alias, in the alias field as if the user had typed it in. This allows easy editing of the alias if required and removes the hardcoded itemID from the alias. This is actually a good workaround for this issue.

2. when you submit a category with an already used alias I would like the submitted form to be reloaded as now with all of the details still filled in along with the standard error message "Saving category 0 failed: Cannot save category: Alias 'general' has already been taken." so you can correct the error and re-submitt

3. Full category nesting and the ability to used duplicate aliases (as long as they do not conflict i.e. 2 x General categories but in different sections)

4. add hardcoded itemID to the alias and allow duplicate alias to be entered when submitting a new category.
Am i doing anything wrong?

I am sure that in the past Kunena added the itemID onto the URL and I thought this allowed to have similiar aliases i.e. '123-general' and '345-general'. Currently using the Kunena forum for the layout I want (which is fairly standard) is quite tricky.

Am I doing anything wrong or do I need to submit some feature requests? perhaps it is fixed in the new version of Kunena v5.1

The community builder forum seems to have categoryIDs on the sub categorys. www.joomlapolis.com/forum

Also related - www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-feature-requ...-alias-for-categorys

Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by shoulders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds