Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Email cron jon

More
6 years 3 months ago #1 by shoulders
Email cron jon was created by shoulders
Hi

I have looked on the forum and github and found some information about this and the fact that kunena does not have a cron based email system which is not good for large sites.

There is a feature proposal at joomla to maybe add a global cron based email system which can give a cetralised system for multiple components but where you can configure email rate etc...

Perhaps the kunena team could lend their support to this feature.

issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/19073

thanks

shoulders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #2 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Email cron jon
+1 for this, would love to see Kunena utilize this new (to be developed) mail queue as it would solve a lot of potential issues (maillimits set by provider).

sharing = caring

More
6 years 3 months ago #3 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Email cron jon
Hello,
Thanks for pointing this discussion, i will following it and see what's will be done in Joomla! 4.x

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
4 years 4 months ago #4 by shoulders
Replied by shoulders on topic Email cron jon
This suggestion got closed at github. Another good idea got ignored at Joomla.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #5 by xillibit
The only way to do it is to use an paid extension : extensions.joomla.org/extension/jmail-queue/

Like suggested by mbabker we need to use a libraries to do it : issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/19073#event-337607

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by xillibit.

More
4 years 4 months ago #6 by shoulders
My comment was more:

Joomla 'the platform' should have an inbuilt CRON system and email que system. Wordpress has an inbuilt CRON and it is still using global functions.

This issue was closed far too quickly and now will never be done from what I can see. Things like this is why Joomla is lagging behind Wordpress.

Also this would make Kunena function a lot better on high load sites.

More
4 years 3 months ago #7 by xillibit
Maybe this one can be insteresting : github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/25022 but not sure to send mail

The following user(s) said Thank You: shoulders

More
4 years 3 months ago #8 by shoulders
Just thougt I would mention, I did not get an email from this thread otherwise I would of responed earlier. :)

More
4 years 3 months ago #9 by shoulders
At the very least the core team are now entertaining the idea that Joomla needs an inbuilt cron system. I would prefer a core component that regulates them where you can add or remove crons, but this plugin event methods will be ok. The plugin will be easily modified to add a component wrapper on top. :)

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds