Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Very confused about templates

More
6 years 3 months ago #1 by RenniePet
I'm considering trying out kunena, and have spent some time reading the manual and this forum. But one thing I can't seem to understand is the whole business of templates.

Is kunena compatible with the Joomla Protostar template?

Is a kunena-specific template needed? On top of Protostar, or instead of Protostar for the web pages generated by kunena?

Where do Crypsisb3 and Blue Eagle fit in?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Very confused about templates
Is kunena compatible with the Joomla Protostar template?
Yes, the default template Crypsis is compatible with the Joomla Protostar. (Is based on Bootstrap 2)

Is a kunena-specific template needed?
No, its specific framework needed. (Boostrap 2 (crypsis,), Bootstrap 3 (cyrypsisb3), Html (Blue Eagle))

Where do Crypsisb3 and Blue Eagle fit in?
The crypsis template need bootstrap to run. If you have a joomla template does not have bootstrap included, then you have 2 options.
1) Enable "Load Bootstrap" option on the crypsis template settings. This will load the default bootstrap (2) version who is shipped with Joomla 3.x
2) Use Blue Eagle template. This template is a html based template. What means it will run on all Joomla templates. (* there can be some small css issues, depends on the css of the Joomla template)
The following user(s) said Thank You: RenniePet

More
6 years 3 months ago #3 by RenniePet
Thank you very much.

May I suggest that this information be included in the documentation. (Unless it's already there, in which case I managed to miss it.)

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #4 by claudio_sbc
Excellent help.
To rockettheme template need only activate bootstrap.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by claudio_sbc.

More
6 years 3 months ago #5 by shoulders
Just to clarify.

Kunena uses it own templates. Kunena comes with the Crypisis template built in.

You can get some free tempaltes and some great paid templates for Kunena and I would get one as close as possible to your Joomla template and then alter it if needed.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds