Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Category where user can post and edit post but no one can reply

More
6 years 3 months ago #1 by Protopia
I want to have a category for people to post their bios where users can post a new topic and edit their post but no one can reply to those posts.

I have set global configuration to:
  • User Edits = Yes
  • User Edit Time = 0
and category permission to:
  • Access Level = Public
  • User Groups Allowed to Post = Public
  • User Groups Allowed to Reply = Super User
but users cannot edit their own posts - no Action button but a message saying that cannot edit.

If I set replies to Public then they can edit the original post, but anyone can also reply.

This feels like a bug to me - whereby if you have ability to post, that does not give you ability to edit your own post, and you need reply capability to edit your post.

Anyone got any ideas? (I have not managed to track this down in the code as yet, otherwise I would be submitting a PR.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #2 by rich
Yes, I confirm this issue and have created a ticket at Git.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #3 by ssh

//and you need reply capability to edit your post.

I agree, I think there should be separated permissions for each function. maybe on K.5.1 or later

Current permissions:
User Groups Allowed To Post
User Groups Allowed To Reply

Suggested permissions:
User Groups Allowed To Post
User Groups Allowed To Reply
User Groups Allowed To Edit
User Groups Allowed To Delete
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ssh.

More
6 years 3 months ago #4 by Protopia
I think that it should be sufficient for authorisation for original post to be based on the same permissions as posting in the first place plus the global allow user to edit.

The only issue is that original post is treated as a reply for deciding whether to allow edit. I expect this to be a simple (possibly one line) fix - and if I could find the line I would put in a PR.

Time to create page: 0.626 seconds