Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to delete a Kunena Message using Joomla MySQL database

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #1 by pintobuck
Using Jooma 3.8.2, PHP 7.0.98, Kunena 5.0.12

In my Kunena forum, the text of a post contained a broken link, so I absolutely had to edit or delete the post in order to make the search engine crawlers happy. (They will ding you for broken links.)

Problem was that I could not edit or delete the post from the Kunena front end, even as a superuser.

Solution: I deleted the post via Joomla database on my server.
Method: Find the post, and its id number in the database. Look in tbl_kuenena_messages or in tbl_kunena_messages_text until you find the offending post. (Depending on your setup, you might find the ID # of the post in Kunena forum in the front end on the top right corner of the post. Or in the Joomla database, you can do a Control-F in your browser, and search for the title or text in the post.)
Then I deleted the line item with that ID number from each of 3 tables:
tbl_kunena_messages
tbl_kunena_messages_text
tbl_kunena_topics

And, I optimized those 3 sql tables using C-Panel.

That seemed to work. There may be another step that I'm not aware of, such as doing something to the log files.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by pintobuck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2 by pintobuck
More info: In Kunena backend Tools / Diagnostics. I ran the diagnostics, which identified some broken and orphaned items. I clicked on the suggested fixes, which resulted in a good diagnostics report. But, still I had to use the Joomla database as described above to delete the items that I could not edit or delete via Kunena's front end. However, I suggest using Kunena / Tools / Diagnostics, before and after making changes to the Joomla database.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by pintobuck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds