Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Joomla Migration from 2.5 to 3.x and keeping Kanuna Content

More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by louis12356
Hello everyone,

first of all, i am very sorry if this is the wrong forum / sub-forum for my question. Please move it or show me the right one.

This is my problem:

We worked for years now with joomla 2.x and now we want to migrate our site to joomla 3.x.
In this time our forum, which is powered by Kunena, became very popular and we want to also move the content / whole forum with the migration.

Is it possible to migrate and keep the Kunena forum ? Or can we export our content and put it back in after the migration ? Is there any documentation about this ?

It would be really nice to hear some answers ;)

Thank you very much,

Louis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
In principle it should not be a problem.

To be quite sure, backup this folders:
media/kunena/avatars
media/kunena/attachments

From the database you need:
all kunena tables

and a extra backup from the Joomla user tables
prefix_usergroups
prefix_users
prefix_user_keys
prefix_user_notes
prefix_user_profiles
prefix_user_usergroup_map

With this data you can restore the forum also if you install a complete new Joomla ( see also here ).
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: louis12356

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds