Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Massive spam bots in Kunena v5

More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
I get massive attacks by spam bots. I use Kunena v5.0.11 .

Once per day, someone registers in my site using spambots and he massively spams Kunena forum.

I use a new registration on the right of my site (Gameworld.gr, top-right Login button).
I also use Kunena registration. So I have 2 registration fields
gameworld.gr/community/register

Any idea on this? If I add a security question is this going to solve my problem? An if yes where can I find a security question module for Kunena or for main site? (or for both).

Please help. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by arthurjohnston
From the Kunena Basic Documentation:

"There is no perfect total solution to completely eliminate spam from any discussion forum anywhere. The only truly effective remedy against spam is vigilance. Kunena discourages spam messages appearing in your forum by using CAPTCHA. "

Joomla also offers a built-in CAPTCHA, within its configuration.

Arthur Johnston
seacrestcockers.com

More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Massive spam bots in Kunena v5

I also use Kunena registration.

Kunena has no registration. It's only a redirect to your Joomla registration. You can test this plugin, I have good experience against Spam Bots with it. It works also in conjunction with Google Captcha.
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi.../easycalccheck-plus/
But there also other extensions on JED.
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ers=0&clearfilters=1

More
6 years 4 months ago #4 by makotosun
Consider looking at Cleantalk. It is very inexpensive and seriously works at keeping spam at bay.

I am not affiliated with them, just a happy user.

Time to create page: 0.771 seconds