Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question 401 Unauthorized (new topic)

More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by rightinfront
OK so now I am confused

Site users can see forum when public, must register to post. if a user clicks New topic without login in get a 401 Unauthorized error message.

If I switch to Registered Users Only for the whole site I get what should be seen instead of the error:

Please Log In
Only community members can participate in this forum. You must register or log in to contribute.

Now I have over 2000 categories, have I missed something in configuration settings or is this something I need to do in category permission settings.

help appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic 401 Unauthorized (new topic)

If I switch to Registered Users Only for the whole site I get what should be seen instead of the error:

Please Log In
Only community members can participate in this forum. You must register or log in to contribute.

That's correct, only loggedin users have acces to the forum with this setting.

Site users can see forum when public, must register to post. if a user clicks New topic without login in get a 401 Unauthorized error message.

Why can see not logged users the tab New Topic? Should be available only for registered users, unless you want write access for guests.

More
6 years 6 months ago #3 by rightinfront
This is what I am asking, system is set public can view the first post any other post they have to register, if they try new topic they get the 401 error instead of the below message, which looks better for the site. I just need to know how to fix it have given a screen shot of config to see if that is correct then I presume it is permissions is the problem.

Please Log In
Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic 401 Unauthorized (new topic)
It is not logical to have the menu item available for public, if write access is only for registered users. Set the access for the menu item "New Topic" to Registered.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #5 by rightinfront
Thank you, I know understand, had to change the Joomla menu from public to registered.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by rightinfront.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #6 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic 401 Unauthorized (new topic)
rich is right. When you have set only registered users can reply or post. Then the "Create new topic" menu item is must be set to "Registered".

Because guests should not see any reply or new topic button.
The new topic page checks if you are allowed to reply/create a new topic/message. If you are a guest and set reply/create to "public" then it will show the 401 error, because you don't have permissions to write.

We have "Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation." under each message, so the users know that they need to login or subscribe to reply.

So for your issue. You need to change the "create new topic" menu item on the kunenamenu. Set "Access " to "Registered"
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by 810.

Time to create page: 1.829 seconds