Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved MailTo Button in Profile

More
6 years 7 months ago #1 by Profaders
First, like to say how much Kunena has progressed over the years. It was a struggle 8 years ago, but very much less so now. With styling changes in CSS and browser progressed, the new version is quite bug free. Always the problem was the template. Happy to say with Crypsis, it was a fairly good start - the rest is less than desired. But well done Kunena Devs.

My last remaining issue is with the Mailto Button in the profile - always there (like it is on this site). I know it will show for Admin and Global Mods all the time, and it is only relevant to user-only access, but why have it there at all for the user with No Emails set?

Why should users want to email themselves? (as it is on this site too). It adds to the user's confusion thinking all can see it.

After fruitless long searches throughout the setup and configs and templates, my recourse is to make it either go away totally, or simply get rid of the 'MailTo' function and show it as an Email Info text line only (no active link).

Can't find the CSS to make it [display: none;] as it looks like it's part of a [span] with other rows, so could you tell me where the file is in Kunena to either make this info only (defeat MailTo) and to show as a text line, or to make it disappear fully?

Template Crypsis, Version 5.0.10. RT Callisto, Gantry 5. Happy to send config data if required.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic MailTo Button in Profile
You find this info in "/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/user/item/summary/default.php"
Create a template override and comment out the lines 169 -171

More
6 years 7 months ago #3 by Profaders
Replied by Profaders on topic MailTo Button in Profile
Many thanks Rich. I systematically went through almost all the files and couldn't find the right file - clearly not all. Do you do Donations?
Regards

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds