Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Hosting capabilities

More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I've been having a discussion on the web development forum about exactly what different types of hosting can manage. In other words, how much traffic can shared hosting cope with? I have got a cloud server with site ground. However, I started off with shared hosting, the business package if I remember rightly. According to the literature, this package can handle 100 K visitors each month. Unfortunately, it wasn't very long after joining up that site ground started taking my site down because apparently, my website was using more resources than the shared hosting could handle.

We have been having a discussion in the August earnings and observations thread in the AdSense category. Am I correct in saying that a website that just uses HTML and CSS will use a lot fewer resources and bandwidth than a website like Joomla! that uses CMS and a database? Therefore, the former could probably handle more visitors per day can a Joomla! website could. Also, I think one of the reasons why my website was running out of resources on the shared hosting is because I have a forum which has approaching 400,000 messages. I don't remember exactly how things work, but I know that quite a few queries are made when people are moving around the forum. My guess is that a forum like mine would use a lot more bandwidth than a simple HTML/CSS website, even if I am getting the same amount of visitors each day.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds