Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Why does Kunena show I have guests when I haven't allowed guests?

More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by lastevns
In configuring Kunena forums, I restricted access to registered (meaning paid) members. Yet, when I look at the footer of the forums, it shows there is one member (me) and 19 guests online. Why would the footer show 19 guests when I don't allow guests?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by ruud
the count is for the number of people who are viewing your forum page: regardless if they have access or not. These are the number of visitors. So when I visit your forum page, it will be +1

sharing = caring

More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by lastevns
@Ruud

The thing is, my forums are only accessed from a menu that is reached AFTER logging in to our members area. So only paid members can even click on the link to get to the forums. There should be no way for the forums to be seen by the outside public.

Still concerned about this. Still trying to figure it out.

ruud wrote: the count is for the number of people who are viewing your forum page: regardless if they have access or not. These are the number of visitors. So when I visit your forum page, it will be +1

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #4 by WolfgangOWL

ruud wrote: the count is for the number of people who are viewing your forum page: regardless if they have access or not. These are the number of visitors. So when I visit your forum page, it will be +1

The number of guests counts all people that visit your website, not only those who visit your forum.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by WolfgangOWL.

More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by lastevns
Ah. Interesting. So... I have a public-facing site (songwritersguild.com). And, within that, I have a members site. The members' site requires paid members to log in to the site. That is where my Kunena forums are located.

So, if I understand you correctly, people who visit the public-facing site (even though they are not members and not logged in to the members' site) will still be counted as guests in the footer of the Kunena forum?

WolfgangOWL wrote:

The number of guests counts all people that visit your website, not only those who visit your forum.

More
6 years 10 months ago #6 by WolfgangOWL

lastevns wrote: So, if I understand you correctly, people who visit the public-facing site (even though they are not members and not logged in to the members' site) will still be counted as guests in the footer of the Kunena forum?

Yes, that's exactly how it is.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds