Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Changing subject of subscription mails

More
6 years 11 months ago #1 by Smoker_Creep
Hello,

just a short question is it possible to change the subject of the subscription emails. I know I can change the email body via template files but look for an easy way to edit the subject of the email (would like to change the site name prefix in front of the thread title)

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
I'm not sure what exactly you want to change. Try it with a language override. docs.kunena.org/en/languages/language-overrides

More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by Smoker_Creep
Thanks for answering!

I suppose it couldn't be done with a language override is no constant. I mean the generated subject when a subscriber got the automatic subscription mail by Kunena showing in any client. The sent mail has a subject with two auto generated parts "forum site name (I suppose)" and "the topic title of the replied thread" I would like to remove the first generated part or put it in [ ] for example to seperate. The mail body I can change like I want with language overrides, styles etc. but I look for a way to change the subject showing in the mail client.

Thanks a lot and kind regards

More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
Maybe youu find a solution in "/components/com_kunena/template/**crypsis/layouts/email/subscription/default.php"
** means your used template

More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by Smoker_Creep
I know but it is only for template (mail body) ... hoped to find an easy way without changing the Kunena core to keep the system updatable.
For now I looked in the core and found it in /libraries/kunena/forum/message/message.php line 397:
Code:
$mailsubject = JMailHelper::cleanSubject ( $config->board_title . ' ' . $topic->subject . " (" . $this->getCategory()->name . ")" );
seems like I supposed it is the given forum/board title in the base config from Kunena ...
... maybe it is a feature for the future to change the subject of subscription mails by parameter independent from the board title.

thanks for your work and best regards

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds