Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena URLs contain Section Name, but older URLs did not. Causes backlink breaks

More
6 years 11 months ago #1 by pintobuck
Now, my Kunena URLs contain section names:
MyDomainName.xxx/ForumName/SectionName/CategoryName/TopicName .

In times past, my Kunena URLs did not contain Section Names:
MyDomainName.xxx/ForumName/CategoryName/TopicName .

This is breaking some valuable backlinks created in times past.
Is there a way to omit section names from Kunena URLs?
Is it in Kunena backend, open a section (category) / Display Settings? Which settings would do it?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
see this url, you will see there is no section name in it. so the problem is coming somewhere else, are you using a third party sef component?

please add kunena report.

More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by pintobuck

810 wrote: see this url, you will see there is no section name in it. so the problem is coming somewhere else, are you using a third party sef component?

Thank you for the reply and the hint about third party sef component. I disabled JoomSEF and the Section Names stopped appearing in my Kunena Forum URLs.

More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by 810
look into the plugin settings for joomsef, or please contact their support forum.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #5 by pintobuck
In another post in this forum, I described a setup that worked for me. I'm putting that link here to help other people and because I recently needed that info again, but I could not find it in this thread.
www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...na-1-x-seo-backlinks

This method allowed JoomSEF and Kunena to use compatible URLs that did not contain the section names.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by pintobuck.

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds