Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question how can i remove the number from my url?

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #1 by linuxlife
hello all! i would like to ask: is there a way to remove the numbers shown in my url's?
here is a link,to show what i mean:
linuxlife.eu/linuxlife-forum/systems-administration/ 20-how-to-copy-folder-from-local-to-a-remote-machine-through-ssh

i use latest joomla (3.6) and kunena 5.0.7
i also enabled sef in both joomla kunena,url rewrite etc.....but i see this ugly numbers in my posts....

is there any fix for this?
many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #2 by pintobuck
Thank you for posting this question, because I have the same problem in many of my Kunena Forum URLs, but I do not have a solution, yet.

Some info: I noticed that the URL to this post contains some ID numbers:
www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...r-from-my-url#185047 )
Therefore, I conclude that ID numbers are typically placed in URLs by Kunena.

More info: I just had the same problem for Joomla content articles, and I found a solution for just Joomla (not Kunena). However, that solution might give some insight into the solution for Kunena URLs, which contain undesirable ID numbers.
Some Joomla.org forum posts said that article ID numbers appear in the URL when that article has not been attached to a menu as a specific menu item. In Joomla, I got rid of article ID numbers in the URLs by connecting each article to a menu. This was very easily done using the free Joomla extension called "Kazaam!". Joomla Extension directory lists Kazaam! as a paid download, but the author's website has a free version.

More info: Several years ago, I ran a Kunena Forum on Joomla 1.x. The Kunena URLs on my old site did not have ID numbers in the URLs. I verified this by looking at the same Kunena post from back then and from now. One difference between my old and my new Kunena forums was that my old site used the Joomla extension sh404SEF, which has a Kunena plugin. Back then, sh404SEF was free and it created search engine friendly URLS. Now, sh404SEF costs $44 (for one year) and includes SEF URLS, analytics, and security.

Maybe someone has a better or less expensive solution to removing ID numbers from Kunena URLs.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by pintobuck.

More
7 years 1 week ago #3 by hamedfc10
thank you good question and useful comment

More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by pintobuck
I have been able to remove the id numbers from Kunena URLs, by using JoomSEF which has a Kunena plugin. I chose JoomSEF to experiment with, because it has a free version..

More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by 810
we are using the joomla router, which needs it.

The only solutions is now to use a third party sef component. Until the feature is fully working on joomla itself.

More
6 years 8 months ago #6 by pintobuck
In another post in this forum, I described a setup that worked for me. I'm putting that link here to help other people and because I recently needed that info again, but I could not find it in this thread.
www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...na-1-x-seo-backlinks .

The end result of this setup was that when Kunena created a new URL, Kunena would put ID numbers at the end of the URL. But, on the good side, Kunena could also use the same URL without the ID number. Thus, Kunena could resolve backlinks and URLs that did not contain ID numbers.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds