Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to prepare Kunena for Joomla migration from 2.5 to 3?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Daviciacus
Hello,

I am still running a Joomla 2.5 and am preparing to migrate it to Joomla 3. For this, I am supposed to update all Joomla extensions to the latest version so that they are supported by Joomla 3.

Currently I am running Kunena 3.0.4 and I wanted to update this to the latest version. However, I notice that the latest version is apparently only for Joomla 3.6 (when I check the "technical requirements" link on the Kunena 5 download page, I get a 404 Category not found).

So I assume that I am not able to update Kunena to the latest version? If so, what am I supposed to do? Can I still migrate to Joomla 3 (using the mini-migration method) without causing problems to my Kunena forum? And if not, what am I supposed to do?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2 by rich

(when I check the "technical requirements" link on the Kunena 5 download page, I get a 404 Category not found).

Thank you for reporting, it's fixed now.

You can upgrade your Joomla, then install Kunena over the old version.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Daviciacus
That is good to know, thank you.

I notice that PHP 5.4 is among the requirements, but the virtual server of my provider is still on PHP 5.3.28. Would this be a problem?

I have already asked the provider to update PHP on the server, but they say that they are phasing out the VPS I'm on and don't know yet exactly when new ones will become available. So I was hoping that I could at least still migrate to Joomla 3 on this server, but is that going to be possible with Kunena at all?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #4 by rich
I'm sorry, but you get problems with Kunena 5.0.x and php 5.3. I'm also not sure whether it works with Kunena 4.0.12
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by rich.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Daviciacus
Is there no version I can upgrade to, temporarily, that works on Joomla 3 and can still run in PHP 5.3?

I was hoping to have Joomla & extensions fully upgraded to Joomla 3 first, before I end up moving the website to a new virtual server, but if I can't update Kunena then that is a problem. I have asked the provider to either make a virtual server available within a reasonable time of no more than a few weeks, or to update PHP on the current virtual server anyway. If not, I'll have to change to another provider.

More
6 years 8 months ago #6 by Daviciacus
Hello,

I have (finally) been able to upgrade my website from Joomla 2.5 to 3.

After having updated Kunena to the latest version next (which did not give any errors or issues), however, the forums pages look like a mess. Menu items that are normally horizontal, are just vertical, and the pages lack any basic layout.

How can I correct this?

Things I already tried without success:

- Change to another general Joomla template to see if that would make a difference (it doesn't)
- Try the other template within Kunena itself
- Try the "diagnostics" tool in Kunena

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds