Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Upgrading Kunena 4.0.12 on J2.5 to latest version on Joomla 3.6.5

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #1 by themartinbailey
I'm currently migrating a Joomla 2.5 website which is running the most recent version of Kunena that it could run - 4.0.12. Unfortunately I don't have a backup of the installer pkg file.

Firstly, would I be correct in saying that the best way to upgrade would be

1. Transfer the database tables (user table and then Kunena tables) to the new database
2. Install the same Kunena 4.0.12 on the new site
3. Upgrade Kunena to the newest version

[strike]Secondly, would anyone have the 4.0.12 package anywhere? I can see that the Download section leads to github for older version, but I cannot for the life of me navigate github to find it.[/strike] Just found it!

Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by themartinbailey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by rich

1. Transfer the database tables (user table and then Kunena tables) to the new database
2. Install the same Kunena 4.0.12 on the new site
3. Upgrade Kunena to the newest version

You need only Step 1 then you can install K 5.0.x directly.
But you need also the content from "media/kunena/attachments" and "media/kunena/avatars" otherwise it lack the avatars and attachments.

1. Transfer all Joomla user tables and Kunena tables to the new database
2. Go in backend to Extensions -> Manage -> Database and check whther all is ok
3. Install Kunena 5.0.x
4. Transfer the content from "media/kunena/attachments" and "media/kunena/avatars" to the new installation
5. Go in backend to Kunena -> Tools and let recount all users and statistics

More
3 years 8 months ago #3 by joomlauser
I am also looking for kunena 4.0.12 (zip file) Anyone can help?

More
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds