Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved User uploading attachment broke forum

More
7 years 1 day ago - 7 years 1 day ago #1 by Slippery Jim
I had a very trusted user damage the forum database (it wasn't malicious) and somehow caused 500 internal server errors if anyone views the forum. It appears all he was uploading was images but something went terribly wrong. I have uploaded image attachments without any problems before.

When I chose KUNENA FORUMS > TOOLS > DIAGNOSTICS it gave an error about "attachmentOrphaned". I manually deleted the image attachments from the Kunena media folder using FTP software. I had to go into the control panel and delete the attachment ID from the database.

Now I can view the forum properly without an error. However when I go into the Joomla backend and view the Kunena's Forum admin panel I get an error if I click the ATTACHMENTS option.
Code:
500 Internal Server Error Fatal Error was detected! The error was detected in the Libraries. Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mb_strlen() in libraries/kunena/attachment/helper.php on line 479

Any ideas what could have caused this and how to fix?

UPDATE: Okay all fixed now. I needed to turn on mbstring functions in PHP on the server in the CPanel. Still don't know what caused the 500 server error to begin with. The attachment upload feature is too delicate if it can break the forum so easily.
Last edit: 7 years 1 day ago by Slippery Jim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds