Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved How to change Thank You icon to green?

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by Nemo10
My members are encouraged to use the Thank You bottom to apply where they actually appreciate a particular post. Nothing gets post rates up like encouragement, even something as simple as that.

However the light blue of the resultant icon is very lacklustre and would be better, I feel, in a warmer colour. Maybe even orange?

And the icon itself looks more like a trashcan which is not complimentary :blink:

Can it be fixed?

Is there a piece of code I can use to achieve this?

Thanks

Oh for a neat solution...
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Nemo10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
Try this code:

Code:
a#btn_thankyou, a#btn_unthankyou { background: #ffb76b; background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #ffb76b 0%, #ffa73d 50%, #ff7f04 100%); background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #ffb76b 0%,#ffa73d 50%,#ff7f04 100%); background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #ffb76b 0%,#ffa73d 50%,#ff7f04 100%); filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#ffb76b', endColorstr='#ff7f04',GradientType=0 ); }

And the icon itself looks more like a trashcan which is not complimentary

This icon is only for moderators so he can remove the thank you with it.

More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by Nemo10
Thanks rich

All's well except those so-called "trashcans" are still showing after the givers name.

Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by rich

All's well except those so-called "trashcans" are still showing after the givers name.

This icon is only for moderators so he can remove the thank you with it.

I can only guess which icon you use on your page. Seems, it's a b2 icon. Try this:
Code:
i.large-kicon.icon.icon-trash { display: none; }

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5 by Nemo10
No, it's still there. I never added a trashcan icon (knowingly), it wasn't there in K4xx and only appeared during the K5xx updates.

But hey, since you pointed it out I don't see it as a registered member only, and that's the main thing. I'd still like to not see it at all as it beats me why a moderate would ever want to remove a thank you anybody made since it is hardly offensive, quite the opposite! But, I not wanting to appear too picky or unthankful so I can live with it.

I left out the bit of code so that the UNTHANKYOU is inconspicuous. All up, well done!

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by rich

I never added a trashcan icon

Yes I know it, Kunena 5.0 shows the icons. But there are differences between Joomla templates. Some templates support b2 icons, other templates b3 or font awesome icons. Therefore I could only help you if I can see the code on your page. But it needs minimum a moderator account, to see the trash symbols.

Have you tried with !important ?

I'd still like to not see it at all as it beats me why a moderate would ever want to remove a thank you anybody made since it is hardly offensive, quite the opposite!

In principle you are right. This option makes only sense if spammers haphazard to click on thankyou buttons.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #7 by Nemo10
Yes, that worked, after several tries to get the syntax correct..

If it's not too technical, what does !important do that makes such a difference?

More
7 years 4 months ago #8 by rich
!important takes precedence over others codes.
Example:
your custom code is
color: green !important
default is
color: red
now will ignored the default color and it shows green color

Therefore you should use "!important" only if otherwise does not work. Better is if the code will loaded later.
Example:
color: red
color: green
First loads red then green (from top to bottom), so It shows also the green color without "!important"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nemo10

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds