Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Seeking help from others in the community in relation to very specific, custom forum needs. It is assumed that people who post in this category are prepared to offer payment for any help they may obtain. Please include information that allows other people to contact you (e.g. your email address).

If you simply want to know if something is possible, use the General Questions and How-tos category.

Notes:
  1. The material in this category is not verified by the Kunena Project team for usability with any version of Kunena. People who use information here do so at their own risk. The project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining or supporting anything in this category.
  2. If you are not offering money to pay for your custom needs, please use the category Custom work - not offering to pay (registered users only).
  3. Topics not resolved in 3 months will be closed and locked

Question Contract Bridge modifications

More
9 years 3 months ago #1 by jkapela
Hi,

I just installed Kunena on Joomla 3.3.6. I'm trying to create private site for a group of my contract bridge buddies. I have no experience with neither Joomla or PHP. Setup went very smooth and we are able to use forum and create articles for ourself. Unforunately it appears that we miss very important features we can't live without.

- ability to insert bridge symbols with a code: !s (spades), !h (hearts), !d (diamonds),!c (clubs). This is the standard of inserting brdge suit symbols used in biggest online bridge club BBO and it has been widely adopted in many other bridge forums
- ability to insert bridge hands played on BBO or prepared offline. BBO has some very neat diagram that can be inserted via their handviewer script. The documentation is here: www.bridgebase.com/tools/hvdoc.html

Is anybody able to help? I know very good php programmers who could help me creating some plugin but I need to know if it can be done and what documentation is needed to be read to start working on it.

If this topis is in wrong part of the forum please move it.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #2 by deligence
Hello,

We are a development team and we have experience in Joomla & Kunena Forum. I have checked Bridge Base and what you need is possible. Please provide me your email id and then I'll come up with time and cost estimates.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay Kumar | CEO & Sales Manager

Deligence Technologies - your web partner

E: sanjay [at] deligence.com
Skype/Google Hangout: sanjay.deligence
www.deligence.com

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled

jkapela wrote: ... ability to insert bridge symbols with a code: !s (spades), !h (hearts), !d (diamonds),!c (clubs). This is the standard of inserting brdge suit symbols used in biggest online bridge club BBO and it has been widely adopted in many other bridge forums

This should be possible at zero cost by using your own emoticons/smileys for the card suits. Instructions on how to create your own emoticons and shortcuts is here: Smiley management

jkapela wrote: ... ability to insert bridge hands played on BBO or prepared offline. BBO has some very neat diagram that can be inserted via their handviewer script.

I'm not sure how to go about integrating the "handviewer script" into Kunena but I'm guessing that the solution won't come cheaply. When you consider that Kunena is a discussion forum, it may be possible to "simulate" the plane play by having members post their "cards" played and people will probably soon get the hang of it. As a "zero cost" idea, a kind of instruction manual would be one way of tackling this job. Just a thought.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 1.192 seconds