Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Seeking help from others in the community in relation to very specific, custom forum needs. It is assumed that people who post in this category are prepared to offer payment for any help they may obtain. Please include information that allows other people to contact you (e.g. your email address).

If you simply want to know if something is possible, use the General Questions and How-tos category.

Notes:
  1. The material in this category is not verified by the Kunena Project team for usability with any version of Kunena. People who use information here do so at their own risk. The project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining or supporting anything in this category.
  2. If you are not offering money to pay for your custom needs, please use the category Custom work - not offering to pay (registered users only).
  3. Topics not resolved in 3 months will be closed and locked

Question Customization

More
9 years 5 months ago #1 by penguin-suits
Customization was created by penguin-suits
Hi, we really like how your forum component works and think it will take care of most of our clients need except we would like to have specific information requested and displayed in the users profile.

Is this possible out of the box? If not, do you all do customization? If you do customization what is the process/cost?

Thanks for your help on this,
Gwen
for Penguin Suits
The following user(s) said Thank You: deligence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Customization

penguin-suits wrote: We would like to have specific information requested and displayed in the users profile.

It would help to know what "specific information" you would like to request and display in the user's profile. This will give us a better understanding of what changes would be needed and it would help to give you a better indication of the estimated time and cost involved.

penguin-suits wrote: So you all do customization?

I can only speak for myself. Given the very broad nature of your request, I can only respond in a general way. Generally-speaking, when you ask a web developer "how much will it cost", the answer depends on the complexity of the changes, the number of files that need to be changed, and the level of skill that the developer has to complete the task. Generally-speaking, a web developer will explain that their contract terms are based on a dollar cost per hour and, usually, the first two hours are involved in getting a detailed understanding of the requirements; a web developer will usually ask for the cost of those two hours to be paid before even discussing what needs to be done.

Some web developers will give you a fixed price quote if they are confident that the job is well defined and there's no likelihood of "scope creep". Other web developers may offer terms on a "time and materials" basis, with a non-refundable deposit to be paid up-front, progress payments made as deliverable items are completed, and full settlement to be paid on completion of the contract.

It's entirely up to you, of course, whether you choose one developer instead of another developer. I'm not sure what else I can say that will help you.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3 by penguin-suits
Replied by penguin-suits on topic Customization
Mostly I need to know if you all were willing and able to do modifications.

I mentioned cost so that you knew I didn't expect it to be free. Obviously we will clearly define before getting concrete information on pricing, that is totally understandable. We are trying to determine if this is the best solution for our client and be able to give them some sort of estimate. We'd rather be a little high than low...

What we want to do is add fields to the profile pages of forum users, such as:
1) text boxes for phone, email, address, age, # of stores owned & a larger bio box &
2) drop down boxes for city, state, & income range
3) with only some required,
4) if the information is not filled in we don't want a blank space to show in the profile

These are obviously NOT the final list of fields - there many be more or less and very likely different labels...

So what I am hoping for is a yes we are able and willing to do this :) and an estimated cost per field or something like that that makes sense to you and will allow us to build an estimate for our client. We will understand this is only an estimate (although we would anticipate that it would not vary to much from the final cost unless we make mid-progress changes, of course).

I prefer to work with the creators of the component rather than someone who doesn't know it well and that is why I contacted you all a a group... I don't know if I would be working with one of your developers or all of you as a whole and would love to know what you suggest on that.

So, all that being said... is this possible?

More
9 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Customization
If you want to contact me I am fairly easy to find. :)

More
9 years 4 months ago #5 by deligence
Replied by deligence on topic Customization
Dear Gwen,

Is this requirement still open? If yes, we are interested and available.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay Kumar | CEO & Sales Manager

Deligence Technologies - your web partner

E: sanjay [at] deligence.com
Skype/Google Hangout: sanjay.deligence
www.deligence.com

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds