Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Tutorials, etc

More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by AlexRag
Tutorials, etc was created by AlexRag
I was wondering if there are any tutorials out there on developing templates for Kunena? The documentation page on templates is lacking in that its completely blank :huh:

Alternately, does any one have recommendations on paid Kunena template developers out there? Some I've come across don't seem to keep them up to date with Kunena.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Tutorials, etc
After 1 year a 5 months, I thought I try asking again if there is any guidance (tutorials, docs, etc) out there on using the Boilerplate download as the Kunena Template documentation is blank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: myale

More
3 years 9 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Tutorials, etc
In principle each user can write a tutorial.
github.com/Kunena/Documentations
I'm not sure but think, the boiler template is a basic frame for template authors with background knowledge.

More
3 years 1 month ago #4 by myale
Replied by myale on topic Tutorials, etc
i am a little disappointed with these forums now specifically the templates and editor for writing a post...

here is why

all the developers ASSUME EVERYONE USING THESE FORUMS ARE Advanced programmers and developers and understand code and what to do...    WRONG... thats what you are doing with these forums and integrating these boards with joomla and other CMS programs...   THANKS THOUGH,  i do love that they are free

i have tried to use these forums through the years   sometimes i have had to start over with my site

when these forums were 1.6 dealing with the template was a bit easer and even help
Blue eagle was even FREE as a template  YES IT WAS!!

i dont know much about bootstrap 2 or 3   i dont quiet understand it
and making adjustments to the template i decide to try and use is a little more issues

i have installed biolerpoint  and have had all the stuff updated  my problem has been that since brootstrap junk came in,  the template s and makesing sre they work integrated has fallen on the back burner for people/members like me

before Kunura forums i had a site with XMB Forums   and the admin site allowed me to change the colors and text WITHIN THE Forum Admin section...  for every section....   but not so with these forms...

that would be the best way for new forum admin sers who cant develop themes or other stuff as easy as others
every time i install or try to use a template.... the title  table (you know for index, recent posts, members, search etc...   always gets screwwed up  (this never happened before 2.0 forums)

i cant get the titles to show and the user profile pull down to work...

as mentioned in other threads THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION,   thats been for YEARS NOW  Hmmm   cant someone make some serious time to do that on THEMES 

also WHY NOT INCLUDE THIS THEME WE ALL USE Within the componet zipfile designed as you have it here.. allow the text colors to change  thats been 1 of the big things that should happen 

i have a few issues i am stuck now and cant seem to solve 
1 the titles are not showing   index, my topics recent topics etc...   also i cant seem to get the profile info to show in the pull down  especially as admin

Template help SHOULD NOT BE IN EXTRA SERVICES   templates are apart of these forums are they not?

also you need to add more social icons   Mewe Rumble Video Bitchute  Discord Chat Telegram  parler app as well  gab, and others are all out there   and others

as i said above, even the editor needs updating,  when i change a template or a setting for 1 with bootstrap or what have you, the icons are bigger and the darn editor scrolls over the main joomla template.....

anyways
thanks for any help and even just reading
Mark

More
3 years 1 month ago #5 by rich
You need not know anything about bootstrap, it's enough if you know which bootstrap version use your Joomla template. For this version you can choose your Kunena template. The most Joomla templates use currently bootstrap 2, so you can use Crypsis. Crypsis works also with non-bootstrap and some bootstrap3 templates, but then you must select in the templae settting "Load Bootrap css = Yes". Crypsisb3 and b4 working only with the right Joomla template version.
The Crypsis templates are transparent and so will be automatically adjusted to the color of your Joomla template.

Blue eagle was even FREE as a template YES IT WAS!!

Blue Eagle was never planned for Kunena 5.x, but many users wanted back the old style of this template. It is an additional work, and therefore you must pay for the template Blue Eagle 5.
Blue Eagle was earlier the default system template, now it's Crypsis, and all Crypsis templates are free as well as the support.

i have installed biolerpoint and have had all the stuff updated my problem has been that since brootstrap junk came in, the template s and makesing sre they work integrated has fallen on the back burner for people/members like me

If you mean the Boiler template, this is not ready for use. It only contains the basic structures and is intended for authors which create own templates.

More
3 years 1 month ago #6 by myale
thanks rich for some of that response it helps answer some questions

however as i shared, adjusting the templates like boiler point or the others, i would have thought by now there would be documentation to help those like me by now... or newer members to these forums.
so again my main problem make that 2 problems are the top labels like recent posts subscriptions etc.... i can not get those labels to show no matter what i do on the back end...

Editor... The title the icons (large) and all the editor goes across the right-side and over the main template i barely see the submit button and anything from the editor on the leftside

i wish there was a reset template button and a preview template in the admin panel as some like me do some editing to the template so we dont have to keep saving and go see in the front then then forget what we just did.... and then there is no undo or reset for the template to start over or back up a to fix that...

These forum templates always confuse me for this problem alone i dont understand php or anything else that helps make the forum better
i had ideas to adjust specific sections or modules and leave the primary section alone where the categories are as well

ALSO with the announcements i would love to understand how to put separate sections, AND HAVE like a latest announcement list i could add to the top of the forms maybe in a module (like latest forums topic)
i like how the main theme for joomla can be seperate set but it even would be nice to have say a matching theme checkbox for the forums if i wanted to have the forums use the theme of the joomla template

anyways thanks for now
Mark

More
3 years 1 month ago #7 by rich
Usually Kunena is after an installation ready for use. I don't know exactly your problems. Have you a link to your forum, so I can see the issues? Helpful also would be a user account (Registered user would be enough), otherwise I can't see the editor. You can use the confidential tags for the access data (padlock symbol in the editor), then are this info visible only to you and moderators here.

More
3 years 1 month ago #8 by myale
hey there,

let me know what you need and ill try and make the adjustments so you can see the issues i am having...
i set the forums for registered members only..  to try and cut out further spam issues should they creep in...

do i need to make you an account? on my site where the forms are?

More
3 years 1 month ago #9 by rich
Yes, please create an account for me (normal registered user would be enough)

More
3 years 1 month ago #10 by myale
hey there,

let me know what you need and ill try and make the adjustments so you can see the issues i am having...
i set the forums for registered members only..  to try and cut out further spam issues should they creep in...

do i need to make you an account? on my site where the forms are?
i cant make an account without email GRRR there away to get it via pm?

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds