Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 2.0 test versions. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 2.0 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Wherever possible, please include your K 2.0 configuration report.

Solved K2.0.0 RC2 - menu issues with upgrade

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by roland76
Hey together,

just updadet Kunena on my test side.

I can't the Kunena menue to work... After update no Kunena menue as top of Kunena (the tabs) where shown. Ok, I started to make a new menue with the J2.5 menue-manager.

Here the German translation are missing for the menue points... OK, I found out that COM_KUNENA_MENU_TOPICS_DEFAULT are Recent Topics. but on frontend the no topic was shown (There are no posts in this category.). Ok, the last topics on my test side were made january 2012, so I switched to post from last year... Also empty.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 72M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : simple | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 15-07-2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0-RC3-DEV2 | creationdate: 2012-06-17

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0-RC3-DEV2 | 2012-06-17 [ Internal ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIM 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Search 1.7.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by Matias
Kunena 2.0 has a small change on displaying menu -- you always need to have menu items UNDER your Forum menu to display the menu. Or you can use menu item alias to point to the automatically created menu. So the issue is in your Kunena menu item inside your main menu.

I'm not sure why menu items aren't translated -- they should be at least in English.

Check if recent topics is excluding some categories. Do you see the message in category?

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #3 by roland76
Thanks for your help.

It's now clear and a good way to build the menue.

The Recent Topic still don't work...

Here is a link to my site to see it live:

test16.simple-quality.de/kunena/kunena-topic-post-2.html

The message can be seen in category.
In backend no category is excluded (see picture attached)...

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by roland76.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Not sure what's going on in there. But did you also remember to check that menu item allows all categories?

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
I can see one important issue with this configuration that needs to be fixed: using Kunena add-ons designed for K 1.7.1 with K 2.0!

Let me restate the problem. Click the Recent Topics menu item returns the URL test16.simple-quality.de/kunena/kunena-topic-post-2.html but there are "no posts" shown.

There seems to be something basically wrong with the Kunena menu on this site. Perhaps it is using some older/custom reference (maybe buried in the menu trash)? Whatever the case, I think we need to establish a clear baseline.

Are we working in a situation where the Kunena menu is being used in its original "default" way or are we dealing with a customised menu? Yes or no?

Matias wrote:

I'm not sure why menu items aren't translated -- they should be at least in English.

The menus on this site are in English.

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by Matias
There could be some menu item issues when updating the site from older version. We need to check that recent topics generally works if someone upgrades from K1.6/1.7.

@sozzled, I was referring to COM_KUNENA_MENU_TOPICS_DEFAULT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roland76

More
11 years 10 months ago #7 by roland76
Hello,

sorry guys... About no topic in Recent Topics:

It was my fault. I wasn't aware that in the menue self it was also an option which categories were shown... And here are the settings different (don't show any category) instead of Kunena configuration...

I would eliminate this option in the kunena settings, because you have to set it also in the menue item.

Greetings, Roland

More
11 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
matias: Yes, I understand what you are saying and I think the topic subject did not properly reflect the true nature of the problem. I've changed the topic subject to make it more clear what we are talking about.

roland76: Although you have resolved your problem, would you like to explain exactly what caused the problem in the first place and what steps you took to fix things up. It would be helpful to have this information available so that the next time someone has the problem that you had, we can point them to the solution that you used.

Thank you both.

More
11 years 10 months ago #9 by roland76
1. Untranslated strings in Joomla menue manager weren't shown in English (everything else - Kunena frontend and backend seems working - If no German possible then English) => already so.

2. There are a setting in Kunena configuration => Fronend => "Category Filter in Recent Topics" and "Category List in Recent Topics" => they seems not working or be overwritten by the same settings in the joomla menue manager.

3. If you place a menue in Joomla menue manager with recent topics, there are settings to select categories in a second tab... And if you made a new menue point, the settings are to show none categorie. I think it would be better to show all categories for default.

Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #10 by Matias
3. This was a small bug in Joomla! 2.5 only. It's now fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roland76

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds