Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 2.0 test versions. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 2.0 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Wherever possible, please include your K 2.0 configuration report.

Question RC02 | threads layout: 1. Numbered topic only all? | 2. No title post subject?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by MarioMari
Hi!

Please check this behavior in a threaded view:
1. The numbering of the posts. My ddefault config set is "position in this topic", and switching to Threaded view is the" Real post ID "?

2. Why in the tree themes do not display message subjects? The message title appears only when you click and you see this message? In my view the message in your titles of threads to be displayed at all times.

Regards!

*Proposal

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MarioMari.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by MarioMari
Replied by MarioMari on topic No tree view
Please note the switch view when you add an answer. Disappears and the tree view.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by MarioMari
Is my application is clear enough?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by MarioMari
On this occasion attention to the view threades.
This view has many special advantages. But it needs to be developed, otherwise you can not benefit from its advantages.

Please note the inconsistency of the current situation.

The default action creates the answer forum with the title theme, but the response is usually attributed to the last post, and often not shared with him.

Guilt is the default flat view of the action.

Unfortunately, it usually is, so that reading the responses in the "flat". Users inadvertently add answers to completely different threads.

The solution seems to be adding a new button "Reply to the topic" next to "Reply to this message."
In practice, adding a new button is not much point.

Therefore, I suggest modifying the post editing window, so as to enforce proper operation.

I think eventually it will sort multithreading in the topic.

I submit that just because I care about the benefits of threades view.

Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled

MarioMari wrote: The solution seems to be adding a new button "Reply to the topic" next to "Reply to this message."
In practice, adding a new button is not much point.

Therefore, I suggest modifying the post editing window, so as to enforce proper operation.

I disagree with both these suggestions but, the point is, this category is for reporting things broken or defective in testing K 2.0. I am not sure if there is something broken. Suggestions for improving Kunena should be made in the Feature Request category. We do not have time to fix this problem in the ways you have suggested but thank you for your suggestions.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by Matias
Yes, this category is meant to report bugs. To define a bug, you should think if your issue fits into some of these categories:

1) Behavior is very different from K1.7.2
2) Something that worked in K1.7.2 doesn't work anymore
3) Something breaks, has no effect or does something unexpected

We have kept Kunena 1.7 default template for a reason: to have minimal effect on users. There are some small usability improvements, but with Blue Eagle Kunena 2.0 should look and feel almost the same as Kunena 1.7. The reason is that we want everyone to be able to upgrade as soon as possible.

The new template will get the usability improvements, so if you have usability requests, please make one topic into feature requests and put everything into there. In here your requests are ignored because of they aren't bugs, but rather usability issues.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #7 by MarioMari
Reading the forum with threads is important for me, in some cases even the most important.
A clear and complete view of threads can running hot conversations with many participants without a great number of quotations which sometimes kills the reading. Many forums have still not coped with this problem. Kunena with a few modifications (sorry, according to a layman ...) To achieve complete success.
According to me, in the current version of threads, the forum can not read at least comfortably.
In particular, a description of the spoiler is indicated in the illustration.

So I reported this as a bug.

I understand that there is so much work, that this can be considered as a future option than an error.

Please transfer it topic of your choice.

Best Regards!

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by Matias
I agree that bad usability issues can be thought of bugs. I also agree that this issue should be fixed. But what I don't agree is that we should fix this before Kunena 2.0 gets out.

We cannot afford postponing Kunena 2.0 anymore as it has hundreds of fixes and improvements over Kunena 1.7.2. That's the main reason we decided to remove many of the new features which are already mostly implemented (but not well tested or missing small parts) -- like our new template. Another reason to release stable now is to get all 3rd party migrations updated.

All usability issues are considered as either features or bug fixes for Kunena 2.1 and later. We aren't fixing any old usability issues in the old template as it's already deprecated. Fixing usability issues in Blue Eagle would mean duplicating our efforts, which would mean considerable delay in our development and public releases.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #9 by MarioMari
I think your team is very, very creative group of people consistent great enthusiasm and approach to work.

I have seen many different ideas that have a great idea but the contractor break down like children when the project came out of the shadows. Looking at your work organization and the progress you are certainly not in danger.

Therefore wieli respect and understanding for you and your team. You'll want to look at it and add something from yourself.

Or something like that does not discourage applicants, but not overworking and stressing the Kunena team.
It's always possible that it is better known :). It is important that progress is still at work and there is hope for the future.

Perhaps such a solution like this better ordered influence and recurring themes?
enough to be solved as such entry:

www.kunena.org/forum/119-Feature-Request...pic-as-solved#126213

"Yes, we see the problem. Thank you for reporting we have added it to realization. Completion date is not known today. We try to as soon as possible."
Or
"No. I'm sorry but I do not see this issue. This requires further discussion. We will follow the development of this topic in our forum."

In addition to possibly Support forum section divided into the following categories. (since the introduction of key words is probably a big deal?):
General Settings |->Solved
Functionality |->Solved
Layout |->Solved
User Detail |->Solved
Monitoring |->Solved
Uploads |->Solved
BBCode |->Solved
Security |->Solved

Solved Topics automatically move and close?

Once again I apologize for the "know everything". Certainly it is not. I have great respect for your work.

Now I do not know whether to write on your comments? If so, where? Where to find information if my case is already reported by someone before?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #10 by MarioMari
I know this is detail... but often it is they who decide about our choices.

Please think about the change of button "Reply Topic". According to me it's worth doing.

Regards!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds