Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 2.0 test versions. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 2.0 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Wherever possible, please include your K 2.0 configuration report.

Question "NEW" (unread posts) indicators are lost

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by alsthom
Hi and thanx for this new version.

The issue with the unread posts is still here; You login, see 5 new posts, read 3 of them and then logout. After some time, when you came back , you loose the remaining 2 unread posts...

I think this is an important issue, since all members of a forum want to know the new posts.

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
To address this question properly, we need to see your configuration report. Thank you.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by alsthom
Yeah! You are right sozzled ;)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shadows_ii | author: ThemeKat | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: March 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0-RC2 | creationdate: 2012-06-10

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0-RC2 | 2012-06-10 [ E-Prime ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
This is actually limitation on our read post indicator as it assumes that user doesn't want to read the topics which he didn't read during the session.

Implementing a better way to deal with unread topics is one of the next things I'm going to look into, but I'm not sure if we have time to implement and test it in a full extend -- I hope we can, but it's pretty complex feature to add at a last minute before going stable.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by alsthom
Since then, I think that the "easy solution" for a user is to read all messages in a season and he 'll be sure that he didn't miss one, next time he logs in....

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by Matias
Yes, and it works as long as you don't need to check just one topic in a hurry (for example by using your phone). But with mobile features we really need to tackle this issue rather sooner than later.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by alsthom
One other thought for this issue, is to set session lifetime to a higher number. Am I wrong?
I am thinking to set it TOO HIGH, 24 or 48 hours! Could this make a "damage" to my site or make the server "heavy"?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
There are two "session time" settings (and these are also connected to site caching) - for specific details of which I suggest you look at Problem with Kunena Session (as one example).

What would be a suitable value? That's a difficult one for me to answer and you may find better opinions among the Joomla experts at forum.joomla.org . In my personal, non-expert opinion, I would recommend a much shorter session life between half-an-hour and 6 hours (maximum) but, as I say, I'm no expert.

Matias wrote: This is actually limitation on our read post indicator as it assumes that user doesn't want to read the topics which he didn't read during the session.

I'm not 100% this is so. I have been unable to replicate the problem (both on my own test sites and here, at www.kunena.org ). In other words, if there are topics I have not read during one session and, many hours later (or even days), I reconnect to the site and look again, all the unread indicators are there for me to see. In my situation, the Kunena session time set to the same value as Joomla session time and caching is disabled.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roland76

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by alsthom
@sozzled, that's very strange, since I got the same settings as you. Must be something else in my settings I suppose.

By the way, is anyone out there that faces this "issue" with new posts?

More
11 years 9 months ago #10 by alsthom

sozzled wrote: In my situation, the Kunena session time set to the same value as Joomla session time and caching is disabled.

Do you mean caching disabled for both joomla and kunena?

Caching Settings In Kunena are theese.
Caching >yes
cache Time >1 minute

I have disabled caching in joomla, though.....

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds