Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category for technical discussions among experienced, skilled developers who either want to integrate own their software with Kunena or who are developing new features for Kunena.

Please introduce yourself and your goals before asking the questions.

Please do not ask questions about when new versions of Kunena will be released. They will not be answered here and may result in locking the topic from further discussion.

Question X-Forwarded-For header for client IP addresses

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by dsherwin
Hi,

I have a few kunena sites hosted behind a reverse proxy and at the moment they don't log the clients IP. They log the proxy server's IP address.
The way to capture the client's IP address is to use the X-Forwarded-For header but I can't seem find where in the code I need to change and if the following might work i.e.:

administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/message/message.php (line 111):
$headers = apache_request_headers();
$message->ip = $headers;

Where would I need to change the code to use this header instead of REMOTE_ADDR and what functions are available in kunena to access the http headers?

Thanks
Darragh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds