Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category for technical discussions among experienced, skilled developers who either want to integrate own their software with Kunena or who are developing new features for Kunena.

Please introduce yourself and your goals before asking the questions.

Please do not ask questions about when new versions of Kunena will be released. They will not be answered here and may result in locking the topic from further discussion.

Question Kunena and CBox Integration

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by DJEd
Hello.

We are running Kunena (actually testing the 2.0 version, but the question should relate to 1.7 as well) on Joomla 2.5

Everything is working fine but I have a question regarding Profile and Avatar URL's for each user.

We use a Chat System called CBox ( www.cbox.ws ). They integrate with Joomla, and that is working fine. They also offer an extended integration to pick up a users Avatar and Profile. In order to integrate I need to add this code:

Code:
&amp;pic=<?=urlencode($avatar_url)?>&amp;lnk=<?=urlencode($profile_url)?>&amp;ekey=<?=md5("xxxxxxxxxxx"."\t".$avatar_url."\t".$profile_url)?>

I need to replace the variables $avatar_url and $profile_url with the actual URL that would call the respective avatar and profile for a user.

Help?

Thanks

Ed Fishman
Flashback Alternatives
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by DJEd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #2 by DJEd
Replied by DJEd on topic Kunena and CBox Integration
Not really sure why this was moved to User-written hacks, has Kunena isn't being hacked/modified.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough - All I was asking is how to access (in a read-only fashion) the Profile and Avatar areas of Kunena for use in another application. The code example is part of the CBox (third party app) and not code inserted into Kunena. I am just looking for the URL that would allow me to access a user avatar / profile.

I would think this would fall under Kunena support.

Thanks

Ed
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by DJEd.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by Matias
The following user(s) said Thank You: DJEd

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena and CBox Integration

DJEd wrote: I would think this would fall under Kunena support.

We have a different opinion.

We don't actually have a category where developers can discuss ideas or problems they may be having with extending Kunena in ways that the product does not provide "out of the box". The support category is for obtaining assistance with things that are "broken" with Kunena - and we get many requests from people who imply Kunena is broken when, in fact, their implementation of Joomla is broken! A lot of people do not take the time to read the category descriptions on the Index page which defines how each category should be used. A lot of our time is spent trying to properly organise questions that people ask in better ways so as to help other people who have similar problems.

As I mentioned, we do not have a general category for "developers discussions"; perhaps we should have one? :unsure:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Kunena and CBox Integration
I moved the topic to "K 2.0 Developers Talk"

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by DJEd
Replied by DJEd on topic Kunena and CBox Integration
That is what I was looking for - thanks.

Ed

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds