Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics moved into this category relate to superseded test versions of K 2.0. Topics in this category are locked.

Solved PHP error messages generated by RC2 ??

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by podvelde
Installed RC2_2012-06-10 on a pristine Joomla 2.5.5.

Get the following message multiple times on each forum page:

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: unknown property name after \P or \p at offset 4 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\Z18\administrator\components\com_kunena\libraries\view.php on line 352

I still have PHP error reporting switched on (I'm using PHP interactively as well), so I get the errors/warnings nicely embedded on the page.

Is this a known feature and should I turn PHP messages off ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for your report. Someone will reply to you with further information. To assist us to properly classify this problem, would you please provide us with your K 2.0 configuration report.

Thank you.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by Matias
What is the Joomla root path? You're in Windows, right?

Can you replace the line 352:
Code:
$templatefile = preg_replace('%'.JPATH_ROOT.'/%', '', $this->_template);

with this:
Code:
$templatefile = preg_replace('%'.JPath::clean(JPATH_ROOT,'/').'/%', '', JPath::clean($this->_template, '/'));

And verify if it fixes the issue.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Matias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: podvelde

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by podvelde
Thanks for the quick response, Matias, that fixes the issue. Would be nice to have that fix in the next RC. :)

BTW, would these comments be of any use (a few things I noticed registering on the online forum):

- editing a post doesn't seem to work in the online Kunena forum (endless wait);
- on registration (online Kunena), entering a "state" is mandatory, but states are US only;
- on registration (online Kunena), profile data "appears to get lost" and must be re-entered later (edit profile);
- the system appears to have a problem registering just a birth day, without the year (many people prefer not to discuss their age but don't mind their birth day being known);
- on registration (RC2) and using the latest IE (Win7-64), when I tried to define an avatar, I had to explicitly type a <CR> after the filename to continue the process;

But most importantly:

On registration, it's completely unclear to first-time users, and lots of people registering are first-time users, what the implication is of the name and user name entries and when the button is clicked, these names tend to be impossible to change. Please change the labels of these fields to "Login name" and "Display name", and use the names consistently in this way, to make things a bit more intuitive. Otherwise administrators of Kunena-driven forums are going to be FLOODED with complaints and requests for name-change from their users (believe it or not, but this would be a show-stopper for me).
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by podvelde. Reason: typo

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
*** Off-topic ***

podvelde wrote: BTW, would these comments be of any use (a few things I noticed registering on the online forum) ...

Are you talking about registering here at this website ( www.kunena.org ) or are you talking about at your own website?

These issues need to be discussed, but discussed in a different topic. At the moment it is unclear to me where, specifically, these symptoms that you describe occur.

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by podvelde

sozzled wrote: *** Off-topic ***

podvelde wrote: BTW, would these comments be of any use (a few things I noticed registering on the online forum) ...

Are you talking about registering here at this website ( www.kunena.org ) or are you talking about at your own website?

These issues need to be discussed, but discussed in a different topic. At the moment it is unclear to me where, specifically, these symptoms that you describe occur.

I guess, I've made it explicit for each item whether it occurs on the online Kunena forum ("Online Kunena"; www.kunena.org ) or on the version as installed on my system ("RC2"). When it isn't mentioned explicitly, I found the issue on both systems.

I will open a new topic for my observations, if that's what you want.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
These issues are off-topic to the questions you asked about PHP error messages generated by RC2 and do not belong here.

As far as matters surrounding user registration processes are concerned (whether it is here or on your own website) please read the FAQ How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? .

If there are issues involving user registration processes at this website here ( www.kunena.org ) then please report them to us in the category General Talk about Kunena . If there are issues involving registration at your website, please use the category Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla - see the sticky topics first before you post. Thank you :)

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds