Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Avatar image in posts - path is different on two different 2.0.3 updates. How to change default avatar size.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1 by nov33
Hey guys.

I manage two sites, one was updated to the latest version of Kunena just before christmas, and one just now.

The avatar path on the first update seems to be the same as before the update...

/media/kunena/avatars/resized/size150x300/users/avatar_2012-10-19.jpg

I seem to be able to control the size of the avatar on that install with the forum-min.css file...

#Kunena span.kavatar img{border:0px solid;padding:1px;margin:5px;max-
width:150px;max-height:300px}

On the second update, despite having the exact same css file, the path is...

/media/kunena/avatars/resized/size144/users/avatar_2013-01-01-5.jpg

So something is resizing it to 144.

Could anyone please tell me where the avatar size can be altered.

I recall on an older 1.7 install there was a template.xml file somewhere.

That being said, i am confused as to why two installs on two near identical sites, that even have the same css file, are behaving differently. :unsure:

regards.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by nov33. Reason: add more subject info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
As a suggestion, perhaps one way to analyse why in one case things work differently to another case is to examine and compare the information contained in the configuration reports generated by your two websites.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nov33

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by nov33
Thanks for the suggestion, will take a look. B)

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by nov33
I found the files that need editing to change the default avatar size that is generated, and it seems to have done the job.

here are the files/paths where i edited the X and Y avatar sizes ...

/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/template.xml

<!-- Required avatar sizes -->

<param name="avatarSizeXThumb" type="hidden" default="36" />
<param name="avatarSizeYThumb" type="hidden" default="36" />
<param name="avatarSizeXWelcome" type="hidden" default="72" />
<param name="avatarSizeYWelcome" type="hidden" default="72" />
<param name="avatarSizeXList" type="hidden" default="36" />
<param name="avatarSizeYList" type="hidden" default="36" />
<param name="avatarSizeXPost" type="hidden" default="150" />
<param name="avatarSizeYPost" type="hidden" default="300" />
<param name="avatarSizeXProfile" type="hidden" default="200" />
<param name="avatarSizeYProfile" type="hidden" default="400" />

/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/params.ini

"avatarSizeXThumb":"36","avatarSizeYThumb":"36","avatarSizeXWelcome":"72","avatarSizeYWelcome":"72","avatarSizeXList":"36","avatarSizeYList":"36","avatarSizeXPost":"150","avatarSizeYPost":"300","avatarSizeXProfile":"200","avatarSizeYProfile":"400"

and mod the css file also...

/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css

#Kunena span.kavatar img{border:0px solid;padding:1px;margin:5px;max-width:150px;max-height:300px}

B)

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #5 by TKtemp
Hi nov,

your template.xml files are different.
To solve issue you need to do in this way:
  1. Open template.xml file (second site) and at bottom change default walues for "avatarSizeXPost" and "avatarSizeYPost" parameters
  2. Delete or Rename file params.ini (you will lost your template configuration)
  3. Now go to Kunena Template Manager and edit Blue Eagle template, just click on Save in top right corner. This will create new params.ini file with new parameters and create new folder "size150x300" in media directory
  4. Now avatars should be loaded from new folder, I'm not sure if this will create new avatar images for old avatars or this will apply only for new updated avatars

Hope this helps
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by TKtemp.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #6 by nov33

TKtemp wrote: Hi nov,

your template.xml files are different.
To solve issue you need to do in this way:

1. Open template.xml file (second site) and at bottom change default walues for "avatarSizeXPost" and "avatarSizeYPost" parameters
  2. Delete or Rename file params.ini (you will lost your template configuration)
  3. Now go to Kunena Template Manager and edit Blue Eagle template, just click on Save in top right corner. This will create new params.ini file with new parameters and create new folder "size150x300" in media directory
  4. Now avatars should be loaded from new folder, I'm not sure if this will create new avatar images for old avatars or this will apply only for new updated avatars

Hope this helps

thanks for the reply, yes i just found these files and posted above just before your reply was submitted.

I didnt create the new ini file, i just edited it instead because i didnt know it would regenerate or how to do it :laugh: , so thanks for the info. Re creating it is the correct way to do it i would think.

once i edited the ini file the new folder appeared...

and i can confirm that it does then generate avatars in the new size, in that new folder, from the already uploaded av's that are there.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by nov33.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TKtemp

More
11 years 3 months ago #7 by TKtemp
Yeah, you got it, great.

Just one suggestion

and mod the css file also...

/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css

#Kunena span.kavatar img{border:0px solid;padding:1px;margin:5px;max-width:150px;max-height:300px}

when you make new update of Kunena you'll lost this change. It is better to add this css rule to your Joomla template css file. In this way your changes are safe for future.

Best Regards and Happy New Year

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds