Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Backgound color textarea

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by Kartarsis
Hello,
I have the following problem.
Pre I use Joomla 2.5.8 and Kunena 2.0.3.
My site template is black and I have the Blue Eagle 2.0 template mixed with the Joomla template.
Now the problem: Because the mix of templates that have input fields in both the Fourm and the user profile a black background with black writing. you see his input after submit, then the writing color is automatically set to white.
Unfortunately, I think about the addon Firerbug not the one CSS file and the right line in which I color the background of the textarea or the color of the writing can postmessge change in white.

can someone please tell me where I can change this?
thanks for the help.

Ps: sorry if the English should not be correct, I used the google translator because my English is not so good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Backgound color textarea
Hello,

do you have checked it with firebug ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by Kartarsis
Replied by Kartarsis on topic Backgound color textarea
Hello,
yes i did but is just show me lines wehre i could change the great ofe the insert box but not the background color ore text color

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Backgound color textarea
If you use Firebug you will see that the background colour is not set to anything at all. If there is no definition for background colour, the website will use the backgound colour defined by your web browser. If you want a different background colour then you need to define a different background colour.

This is an article that will help you to understand how to define the background colour: CSS background-color Property

What you need to do is to add your own rule to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file. See How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

More
11 years 3 months ago #5 by Kartarsis
Replied by Kartarsis on topic Backgound color textarea
u mean at the end of the Joomla Template css
a code like this ?

#Kunena table#kpostmessage .ktxtarea { color: #ffffff !important; }

More
11 years 2 months ago #6 by Jakey Fantastic

sozzled wrote: If you use Firebug you will see that the background colour is not set to anything at all. If there is no definition for background colour, the website will use the backgound colour defined by your web browser. If you want a different background colour then you need to define a different background colour.

This is an article that will help you to understand how to define the background colour: CSS background-color Property

What you need to do is to add your own rule to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file. See How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

Sorry for hijacking the thread (which is a little dated now) but i'm experiencing the exact same issue.

I'm relatively new to Joomla & Kunena Forums but am quite happily learning as i go, however, can i just clarify your answer before proceeding.

But just like the OP, my template is Black (LightBreeze) & i've blended the Blue Eagle Forum to it.

The one edit i've made to the Lightbreeze Template is the text, which was grey & is now white. The blending reflects this on the forum and the background is black & the text is white.

However, when posting in the reply box, the text is black, which is a little straining on the eyes given the black background. Once published, the text displays as normal (white) but not prior to submitting.

So i'm just double checking as i noticed you mentioned the background colour & not the text colour, but i don't know if that was intentional, like a ying & yang kinda thing where you need one colour for another colour to work/be represented.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

More
11 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Backgound color textarea
You could try this:

Add the following lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena table#kpostmessage .ktxtarea { background-color: black; color: white; }
It's just an idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jakey Fantastic

More
11 years 2 months ago #8 by Jakey Fantastic

sozzled wrote: You could try this:

Add the following lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:

Code:
#Kunena table#kpostmessage .ktxtarea { background-color: black; color: white; }
It's just an idea.

Only just had chance to do this but just so you know, this worked perfectly :woohoo:

Thanks very much for your help, greatly appreciated :)

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds