Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [ Solved] Creating my own template with Blue eagle 2.0 as base - Issue right after cloning.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1 by iLucato
Hi folks, I have duplicated the content of the blue_eagle folder (/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle) and named the other folder to my_theme (/components/com_kunena/template/my_theme). Right after doing that and selecting my_theme into the template manager, it doesn't get to read the CSS files.

It is a clone of the blue_eagle folder. How do I get to make "my_theme" selected into the manager get to read the CSS? The weird thing is if I select EDIT CSS, it shows the right path "/components/com_kunena/template/my_theme/css"

Any help will be appreciated.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by iLucato.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
You need to modify the XML file and the initialiation.php file

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #3 by iLucato
Hi Sozzled, any idea what should I exactly modify? I mean, at initialize.php I found the variable that seems already call the folder automatically with the "{$app->getTemplate()}" as shown below:

"templates/{$app->getTemplate()}/css/kunena.forum.css"

where on the begin of the code the variable is set as:

$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$document = JFactory::getDocument();
$template = KunenaFactory::getTemplate();

Just as a comment, the only line that really has blue_eagle written in the path that I should change, was the line 48. Not sure if the code should have something like {$app->getTemplate()} instead of blue_eagle.

All other paths are set as "/components/com_kunena/template/{$template->name}/media", so the {$template->name} seems to read from somewhere my folder.

So that is why I'd like to know what exactly should I change at initialize.php? At xml, just seems to change description and template name.

[Edit]
Just adding, the path I mentioned "templates/{$app->getTemplate()}/css/kunena.forum.css", where is the main template of the site not kunena, doensn't have the path /css/kunena.forum.css. So, what I mean is when installing Kunana, it doesn't install any css into "templates/" folder as the path shown, but into the "/components/com_kunena/template/my_theme/css"instead.

Well, puzzled once I'm not a programmer. ;)
[/Edit]

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by iLucato.

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled

More
11 years 3 months ago #5 by iLucato
Yes, and just got to solve it.

There is no need to change the initialize.php, just the template.php at line #12

class KunenaTemplateBlue_Eagle extends KunenaTemplate {

to:
class KunenaTemplateMy_Template extends KunenaTemplate {

Now, just the left doubt is if in this same file where is the:

// Try to find missing files from the following parent templates:
protected $default = array('blue_eagle');

Should I change to

// Try to find missing files from the following parent templates:
protected $default = array('My_Template');

Any idea? Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: BamiGorengo

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds