Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved SOLVED - How to center the default kunena module positions

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1 by piprees
I need to modify the code for the following built in Kuena module postions so i can add CSS to center them in the screen.

kunena_section_1 ... kunena_section_n, where n = number of section in a page, puts an add after (n)umbers of sections in your index
kunena_topic_1 ... kunena_topic_n, where n = number of topics in a page, puts an add after (n)umbers of topics in a section
kunena_msg_1 ... kunena_msg_n, where n = number of messages in a page, puts an add after (n)umbers of messages in a topic
kunena_profilebox
kunena_announcement
kunena_bottom

At the moment they all appear left justified as appears on this example - www.localtradeclub.co.uk/tradeforum/test...0-banner-layout-test

I need to change the appropriate code to add css styling but unsure as to where to look
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by piprees.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Is your question about how to change the Kunena template (the source code lives in ../components/com_kunena/template/<Kunena-template>) or is your question about how to change your Joomla template (the source code lives in ../template/<Joomla-template>)?

There are many online resources that help you add your own module positions to your Joomla site template. Unfortunately there are not many good resources that help you modify your Kunena site template. The best I can do here is to refer you to How to create a template for Kunena .
The following user(s) said Thank You: piprees

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by piprees
I want to modify the default kunena module positions. I want to change the css etc so that the banners that appear after x number of messages centre in the forum block rather than appear left justified.

From your message that indicates i need to modify the specific kuena template - im using the default blue eagle one at present

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #4 by piprees
I have found in components/com_kunena/views/topics/view.html.php the following line

217 $this->module = $this->getModulePosition('kunena_topic_' . $this->position);

But that relates to the default module position of kunena_topic_1 ... kunena_topic_n, where n = number of topics in a page, puts an add after (n)umbers of topics in a section
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by piprees.

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by piprees
What view do i need to look at to find where the default position of kunena_msg_1 ... kunena_msg_n, where n = number of messages in a page, puts an add after (n)umbers of messages in a topic

More
11 years 5 months ago #6 by piprees
Basically i want to be able to apply the following CSS code to the default module positions used for the banners within the forum display

}

div.centermodule {
width: 100%;
text-align:center;

}

More
11 years 5 months ago #7 by TKtemp
Hi,

you should be able to do this without changing of Kunena source code.

Try to add this few lines to your JOOMLA default template css file
Code:
#Kunena div.moduletable { text-align: center; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: piprees

More
11 years 5 months ago #8 by piprees
MWAHHHH

Perfect - worked like a charm ;)

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds