Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Right side cut off in forum...

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by cwsutton
Hi Everyone! I am having a problem with the right side of my forum being cut off. People make posts and you can't read the last word or two in the sentence on the right side.

It did this when I first started and I changed templates. That seemed to correct the problem but now, several months later, it is doing it again.

I have attached an example of what it is doing.

Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

Thanks for your time and I really appreciate it!

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by cwsutton
Okay, it looks like we fixed it by doing this...

"deleted the following code from the kunena.forum-min.css file

#Kunena div.kmsgbody div.kmsgtext{word-wrap:break-word;overflow:hidden}"

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled

cwsutton wrote: Hi Everyone! I am having a problem with the right side of my forum being cut off. People make posts and you can't read the last word or two in the sentence on the right side.

It did this when I first started and I changed templates. That seemed to correct the problem but now, several months later, it is doing it again.

Do you want to know why this problem has come back again?

You know how you fixed the error in the first place? You modified the kunena.forum-min.css; please read the advice contained in the FAQs page which states:

... if you want to change colours, text sizes or fonts, you should make those changes to your Joomla site template. In this way, when you upgrade Kunena, your forum template will apply the customised changes that you've made from one version to the next.

The reason that your forum is "cut-off" is because of your Joomla site template which does not allow enough room for your forum. Please read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

You have again "fixed" the problem by editing kunena.forum-min.css and, the next time you upgrade Kunena, the problem will return again for as long as you are using the Joomla site template that you are using. As long as you are aware that the fix you have made is only temporary and that you will have to do it again when you upgrade, you know what you will have to do in future. If you want to fix this problem properly, make the necessary changes to your Joomla site template CSS file.

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by cwsutton
AHAAA! Thanks for that information. You saved me problems in the future!!!

Chris

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds