Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena menu items have • in them

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by andrewkfletcher
Hello Kunena Tech'ies

Had a problem for a while now where Kunena menu stopped working, fixed it for a while by changing to new Kunena template, then began getting restricted access to forum index, made a work around menu to get to the index on frontend. Then decided to spend best part of 2 days trying to figure it out and finally did the trash all and rebuild from start, which did not work first time around but did for some reason second time around, must have missed a delete.

Now have the menu up at last but got code • before and after menu text, did have it all over the site so turned off language debug and debug in global config, now have it only on menu buttons. Hope this helps.

site: www.operationoasis.com/index.php?option=...e=replies&Itemid=133

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 15M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : oasis2 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2010-12-18

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 1.7.2 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.0 | Kunena Stats 2.0.0 | Kunena Login 2.0.0 | Kunena Search 2.0.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Andrew, and welcome to Kunena.

Interesting situation that may have its cause in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . For whatever reason your menu items contain the symbolic HTML name for a bullet, your Joomla menu is rather "interesting" (to say the very least).

As you say, you did have these bullets "all over the site" - which you've now fixed - but did you fix this issue before or after you trashed-burned-rebuilt your Kunena menu?

There are several ways you can fix this problem. If you are a relatively expert Joomla user (and you know your way around Joomla menus) then you can build your Joomla menu from scratch; item by item, and make sure that you place a menu alias in your default menu so that your users can find their way to your forum. The Kunena Trash Menu feature also does that for you (for the rest of us who aren't so "expert"). Rather than compound the problem with possible solutions, I really think it will help us to know the answer to the question I asked earlier. Did you fix the site-wide issue of "bullet" menu items before or after your recent attempt to rebuild the Kunena menu?
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrewkfletcher

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3 by andrewkfletcher
G'day Sozzled

Did swap several templates and the main Joomla templates but for some reason it showed up on the bottom of the forum or not at all.

Turned off debug and global config possibly after trash and burn and can see where your coming from with Kunena building the debug code into the menu bar :). Just figured out going back to menu that the admin side of Joomla in the Kunena menu now has these bullet marks ))))
>> •Forum• So I guess the problem now lies in Joomla. This problem began when upgrading to latest joomla 1.5 a few weeks ago so maybe should upgrade to latest joomla 2.whatever?

If I remove the bullet code as I have on the Index menu it appears to be ok, maybe should just do this for now and avoid digging a deeper hole?

BTW after trash burn, I reinstalled Kunena to reinstall the kunena menu :whistle:

Thanks for your help Soz much appreciated

Andrew

Enabled Move Down Public Kunena Forum » Home 131
2 . |_ Index Enabled Move Down Public Kunena Forum » Category / List 132
3 . |_ •Recent Topics• Enabled Move Up Move Down Public Kunena Forum » Topics 133
4 . |_ •New Topic• Enabled Move Up Move Down Registered Kunena Forum » Topic / Create 134
5 . |_ •No Replies• Enabled Move Up Move Down Registered Kunena Forum » Topics 135
6 . |_ •My Topics• Enabled Move Up Move Down Registered Kunena Forum » Topics / User 136
7 . |_ •Profile• Enabled Move Up Move Down Registered Kunena Forum » User 137
8 . |_ •Help• Enabled Move Up Move Down Special Kunena Forum » Misc 138
9 . |_ •Search•
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor changes to improve presentation of reply.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
All fixed (or fixable) now?
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrewkfletcher

More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by andrewkfletcher
Fixable now that I understand how the debug code got in the Kunena menu bar, thanks Soz Your a star.

More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by andrewkfletcher
Fixed now all good, thanks again Sozzled and Kunena Team

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds