Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Add a banner between categories

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by HardstylerDK
Hi everybody,

Just like your own forum has advertising banners here and there, between categories, i would like to have that too on my own forum. How do i do that ? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
See Kunena Module Positions , and publish your ads in those locations.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by davidstefanski
Hi, I also am IN NEED of being able to put banners " BETWEEN " categories.

The question as asked in the ORIGINAL post by HardstylerDK dated 3 weeks 3 days ago was, how do we put the banners " BETWEEN " categories"???? The reference to " section " option does not appear to be a viable alternative to be used with my tree structure shown below, given that " structure " appears to not support graphics/icons as does " category " (xxx_on.gif, xxx_off.gif xxx_notlogin.gif) and " section " is NOT multi-level.

The positions that can be used seem to be heirarchical:
Sections ( position addressable )
????? CATEGORIES ?????
Topics ( position addressable )
Messages ( position addressable )

In documentation about formum creation, the forum creation proceeds thusly:
Sections have Categories
Categories have Topics
Topics have Messages.

The obvious missing link positionally is Categories.

I do not know about HardstylerDK but, my forum is a travel comments site ( www.oqqcacha.com.br ) and the tree structure that my clients have defined is:
Country ( 8 categories - uses a country flag graphic )
Interest Area ( 7 categories - uses an interest-group graphic )
State ( depends on the country selected - uses a State flag graphic )
City ( depends on the State selected )

My clients NEED to have TARGETTED ads relating to specific States and/or cities within a Category..

Example:
U.S.A
Bar & Clubs
New York State
New York City

As an example, the Club owners in New York City want banners related to THEIR CLUBS when a user goes to the New York City Categories. They NEED to have banners in THESE locations.

We may also have banners that are "State-wide" OR "Country-wide".

In Kunena, these are just OTHER categories..

Your response, was to read another post ( docs.kunena.org/index.php/Module_Positions ) while the original request was for some possible methodology for doing what HardstylerDK and I are looking for. HardstylerDK wrote: "**** Just like your own forum has advertising banners here and there, between categories, i would like to have that too on my own forum. How do i do that ? ****"

Our scenarios, HardstylerDK and I, CANNOT be so out of the norm for forum usage.

Thanking you in advance for tolerating my question BUT, HOW do we put banners " BETWEEN " categories???

I find your self-reference to being "just a user", a pleasing breath of fresh air on any forum site ( "just a user" is NOT a factual statement with 15979 posts as of this moment!!! ) With your level of sophistication of KUNENA system knowledge, if need be, please be so kind as to direct me to someone who could possibly make appropriate changes, of course for a price, NOT FREE. Knowing full well that this is a volunteer supported system, I would like to request that you could offer some recommendations for consultants to address this matter.

My site is www.oqqcacha.com.br
I am using:
"Banner Rotator" currently putting banners at kunena_announcements and kunena_topic_x
iPhone template from Mobile JOOMLA
KUNENA 1.7.2.

Many thanks from "The Determined One",

Kepp up the great work of support,

Dave

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
These kinds of questions have been asked many times before and are not totally dependent on what version of Kunena you may be using. The solution is, however, dependent on what kind of template - one designed for Kunena - that you're using.

A selection of the questions (and answers) is given in [Merged topic] How to insert banner advertisements (e.g. Google AdSense) in Kunena . I suggest you look there for inspiration/ideas and possible answers to your questions.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds