Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged How to delete the QUICK REPLY button in 2.0?

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by mcmoody
I have to assume this is answered somewhere, but I've been searching all day and hopefully someone can quickly just point me in the right direction. We find the Quick Reply button to be useless and redundant, so we'd like to delete it from the view for our purposes.

Where do I go to delete this? One of the template php files? If so, is there just one thing to delete? Or every reference? I don't want to break it.

Or maybe there is a more simple way?

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
It's a good question[strike] but, I'm sorry to disappoint you, there's no simple 5-second fix for it[/strike].

There is no configuration setting that enables or disables this functionality (in any version of Kunena) - and maybe that's something that should be asked as a Feature Request in a future version.

[strike]The Quick Reply button does not have a unique item name on which to hang a CSS "display: hide" rule and so you can't remove it with CSS either.

Therefore, the only way this can be done is by a custom hack to your Kunena PHP source code. Perhaps another member of the community may see this topic and advise you which file(s) you need to change and what you would need to to, remembering, also, that any changes you make to the Kunena PHP source code are done entirely at your own risk and without the benefit of continued support from this community in the event that you have problems. [/strike]Further, any changes that you make to Kunena PHP source code need to be re-applied when you upgrade (unless you are willing to spend an hour or two creating your own, custom, Kunena template).

EDIT: See improved answer below.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by gimenezadrian
Hello,

Edit the file kunena.20-min.css in \components\com_kunena\template\blue_eagle\css\

Put this in new line:
Code:
a.kqreply {visibility: hidden;}
Try it

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Ah, of course, thank you, gimenezadrian. It is possible to hide the Quick Reply button with CSS
Code:
#Kunena a.kqreply { visibility: hidden; }
is one way to do it.

But, instead of directly editing and modifying the file kunena.20-min.css (because this file is also replaced when you upgrade Kunena and you will have to make the changes again and again and again), it would be better to make the changes to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file as we have always suggested that people should do in these cases and as we have written in the FAQs page .

Yes the change will work if you modify kunena.20-min.css but I would not recommend modifying minified CSS files directly.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by gimenezadrian
Thanks for the correction sozzled, while the button is not visible will continue to exist. But is a quick trick.

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
This way also works:
Code:
#Kunena a.kqreply { display:none; }
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lagen

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by gimenezadrian
Yes but visibility: hidden hides the element, but it still takes up space in the layout and display: none removes the element completely from the document. It does not take up any space, even though the HTML for it is still in the source code. My preference is visibility to keep the structure.

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by mcmoody
You guys are awesome. Thanks!

When the updates are pushed out for Kunena 2.0+ do they override the files in the component/kunena/template folders as well if I *have* made some changes to those? Such as the Blue Eagle default template? Just wondering so I can be prepared for that now instead of later when I update. I know I need to put those changes in my joomla template css... I'm trying to make sure I do that going forward.

Martha

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled

mcmoody wrote: I know I need to put those changes in my joomla template css...

That's the way to go, yes! :)

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #10 by mike007cz

gimenezadrian wrote: Hello,

Edit the file kunena.20-min.css in \components\com_kunena\template\blue_eagle\css\

Put this in new line:

Code:
a.kqreply {visibility: hidden;}
Try it

Thanks a lot!

Mike
Greetings from Czech republic
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by mike007cz.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds