Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena vs Rockettheme

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by gorky76
Hi i need to solve a big problem with a rockettheme template. I need to call the title with another tag. I image that kunena use H2 and that confict with rockettheme. Wich file i have to edit to find this holy h2 tag?

Or if you have other solutions i'll happy to hear you. i add some pics of my problem.
Many thanks
Francesco

Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by kenzo
Replied by kenzo on topic Kunena vs Rockettheme
Hi! Hi have the same problem with the same template Rochetheme :(
More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by John
Replied by John on topic Kunena vs Rockettheme
Maybe this link can help you: docs.kunena.org/index.php/Conflicting_plugins
More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by kenzo
Thanks! I tried but nothing to do... :(
More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena vs Rockettheme
The answer is quite simple, really. If you read the link contained in the category description above, you will note that the Kunena project team members are under no obligation to fix problems created by the designers of various Joomla templates that people have chosen and may have paid for. Rockettheme, as only one example, offer support for people who may be having problems using Kunena.

Therefore you should read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . You should also read Which came first? The template or the forum? .

Looking at a picture is one thing (... and reading " I have the same problem " is another). I could probably have an answer in a few minutes if I had direct access to the problem website. A basic understanding of CSS and a simple tool like Firebug and anyone can solve these simple colouring "problems". Now I understand that not everyone has a basic understanding of CSS and they may not be familiar with using web design tools like Firebug and that's perfectly reasonable. But for those people who cannot figure these things out for themselves, using a self-help discussion forum, there are many other ways you can solve those kinds of problems: a selection of those solutions is given in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

A simple low-cost solution is to employ someone to make the style changes that you may need so that things look nicer. These costs are very low in comparison with the time people may spend searching fruitlessly for answers that may never come. As I mentioned, in the hands of someone with the experience and skills, these kinds of issues are usually sorted out in a few minutes. The questions people need to ask contained inn My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . Please read it.

Therefore, there is no "Rockettheme versus Kunena" unless you consider that one is more important than the other. Pretty simple solution, actually. You just need to define a better CSS rule in the Rockettheme template for Kunena's <H2> elements, that's all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenzo
More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by kenzo
Clear language that has given me much food for thought.
Thank you.
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #7 by MarioMari
Hi!
Problem with RT Template and KUNENA

Can you tell what is causing this conflict? It might be worthwhile to Kunena prompt support is improved in future releases?

Henning from RT support:

You have to understand the issue.
The build tile-spans feature is loading a j-script.
This j-script is stripping ALL HTML inside h1/h2/h3 tags and adds a span around the first word.
Kunena buttons are inside h2 tags. So it's stripping code.
Only solution that makes sense: Disable That feature.
In the last templates starting from Voxel we stopped using that feature.
WE are in very close contact with one of the lead developers of Kunena.
There is nothing that needs to be reported.
Just don't use that feature.

Henning from RT support:

When you turn of build font titles the styling of the first word of the module-tiltes goes away ... that is correct. You need to do that when you work with Kunena.

How ever you can enable/disable this option for single menu-items by creating template styles and assigning them to menu items. You do that in the template manager. Duplicate the master style, do you changes and assign it to menu-items. You can assign it in the assignment tabs in the template settings or in the menu-item.

This way you can disable that feature just Kunena menu-items.
— Henning

It acts as a temporary solution until new versions or other solutions.

Regards!

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by MarioMari.
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena vs Rockettheme

MarioMari wrote: Can you tell what is causing this conflict?

This issue is has been discussed several [hundred] times before on the forum in at least these three places: However many times we have tried to explain what's behind the problem, in the specific case of Rockettheme templates, this is Rockettheme's answer:

Henning from RT support:

The build tile-spans feature is loading a j-script. This j-script is stripping ALL HTML inside h1/h2/h3 tags and adds a span around the first word. Kunena buttons are inside h2 tags. So it's stripping code.

MarioMari wrote: It might be worthwhile to Kunena prompt support is improved in future releases?

"Build Title Spans" is not a Kunena feature. For people who use Rockettheme templates and want to use Kunena, this is Rockettheme's advice:

Henning from RT support:

Only solution that makes sense: Disable [the "Build Title Spans"] feature. In the last templates starting from Voxel we stopped using that feature. We are in very close contact with one of the lead developers of Kunena. There is nothing that needs to be reported. Just don't use that feature.

There's your answer. :)
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 8 months ago #9 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Kunena vs Rockettheme
As sozzled stated, this is easily fixed. I am certain that this has also been answered at least 10 times already on Kunena.org.

Even RocketTheme is no longer adding their "Build Title-Spans" feature to their Joomla templates.

If you cannot see the Edit button and you are using RocketTheme, then turn "Build Title-Spans" OFF.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
  • jenifferjones
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #10 by jenifferjones
Replied by jenifferjones on topic Kunena vs Rockettheme
Hi! Hi have the same problem with the same template Rochetheme :(
Time to create page: 3.197 seconds