Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Can the Kunena template be changed to use a percentage width.

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by chucknb28409
Hi,

I have a template that uses responsive layouts. Can the Kunena template be changed to use a variable (percentage of width) width rather than the hard coded 700px (I believe that was the size I saw as the standard). I looked though out the default template and I could not find where this was set. I also could not find a place in the configuration either. Can someone direct me to a php or css file where this is set.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by 3saudia
yeah by defult its 700wdt but i try to 650 but nothing happend and no any support too from kunena team to fix the width ............since last 12 hr i search in google and they only replay to say that fix the width in joomla themplat that they replay

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by TKtemp
Hi,

can you provide a link to your site to see the problem?

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by Creatorffm

chucknb28409 wrote: Hi,

I have a template that uses responsive layouts. Can the Kunena template be changed to use a variable (percentage of width) width rather than the hard coded 700px (I believe that was the size I saw as the standard). I looked though out the default template and I could not find where this was set. I also could not find a place in the configuration either. Can someone direct me to a php or css file where this is set.

Thanks

Hi chucknb28409, Give this a try, go to yoursite/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css, now search for this:
Code:
min-width:700px
and either comment it out:
Code:
/* min-width:700px */
or delete it. Now add this in it's place:
Code:
width:80%;
or use any percentange you need. Make sure you have a backup of the original file before making any changes just in case. ;)
I have quickly tested this and it works although you may need to do some other CSS tweaks to make things look right. Hope This helps.

Cheers, Dave

Dave "Creator" Marshall
The following user(s) said Thank You: chucknb28409

More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by chucknb28409
Works great except for the first line between the login and the recent discussions. See screen shot.

Thanks
Attachments:

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Please see the hundreds of messages posted on this forum that advise, clearly, simply and emphatically:
Do not modify the original Kunena CSS template files.
Do not attempt to directly edit the file kunena.forum-min.css. If you want to modify CSS, add any extra rules to your Joomla site template CSS file. See in the FAQs, among other places, How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by chucknb28409
I spoke too soon like like search is messed up too!

Thanks
Attachments:

More
11 years 8 months ago #8 by 3saudia
thanks for the replay but i find the solution to chang the width my main source in my template and its wroking perfect

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds