Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Undesired linebreaks at the avatar gallery.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by nopalot
Hello,

there's a linebreak between the avatar image and its corresponding radio button. Here's a screenshot:

Do you have any ideas how to force the linebreak to appear after the radio button? (i.e. have the image and its radio button grouped together)
Happens in Kunena 2.0.1 - here are the configuration settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 55 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 30M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_clarion | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.2 | creationdate: April 10, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0-RC2 | creationdate: 2012-06-10

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0-RC2 | 2012-06-10 [ E-Prime ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by nopalot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
K 2.0.0-RC2 is not a supported version of Kunena.

You need a wider component display for your Joomla CSS template, or you need smaller avatar images, or a combination of both, but as we do not have a real-life view of this issue (we're only looking at a screen capture) this is basically a case of My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena and it's something you need to resolve with the people who developed your Joomla site template.

I don't have any other suggestions for you. Sorry. I cannot reproduce these issues on any test site that I personally manage. :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: nopalot

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by nopalot
I've noticed two more minor visual glitches:

1. At the backend, "Kunena Forum" gets written over the Kunena logo:

2: The dropdown boxes labeled "Editor", "Time Zone" and "Frontend Language" (displayed at the "Edit User" page in the frontend) all use there own width. (I.e. it would look much better if they would share the same width at it is the case with the textboxes above them):

Just wanted to mention it; Non of those is important, but not looking good neither.

Edit: Updated the site to 2.0.1, here's the new configuration report.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 55 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 30M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rt_clarion | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.2 | creationdate: April 10, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by nopalot.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by nopalot
Wow, Sunday evening and still support! AWESOME! Sozzled, thank you very much for your help!

It makes sense that it's caused by the template (at least with my little html/joomla understanding), strange thing is that there's still plenty of unused space around it as you can see here:

But I'll take a closer look at it. If you like, I can grant you access to the site - just in case it is of any help for you. And no, I am not expecting you to fix this problem on the site! ;)

Thanks again!
Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
The various aspects of font variations (in the user profile) and the "unwanted" line-breaks when displaying those larger-than-what-comes-out-of-the-box-with-a-vanilla-flavoured-version-of-Kunena images in your custom avatar gallery are, again, matters involving your Joomla site template. I would be most happy to assist you in fixing up your Joomla site template - obviously on a payment-for-my-time basis - and if this sounds appealing to you, you can contact me by PM and I will let you know my hourly rate.

Alternativey, with a few well-chosen mouse-clicks and a web-design tool like Firebug, you can sort out these issues in quick time yourself at no other cost than reading through the FAQs to find out more about this great, self-help method. But, if you would rather pay me to help, it would be a pleasure! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nopalot

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by nopalot
:) thx, you just made my day!

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds